Thursday, January 31, 2013

My current view on being a Mom....


This morning, as Kali pulled out of the driveway, I stood in the living room and watched as I do..And each day, I stand there in awe. (I know corny, don't roll your eyes)- And I wonder if she'll ever feel what I feel. In fact, one day when she's a Mom, I know she will, but right now? She doesn't.  It has started to dawn on me that my parenting skills, if you will, are paying off.  I am becoming a leading lady for me.  It's not ALL about them anymore.  Of course the major decisions will still land at the Big Bosses desk, which is me.  However these days are becoming more planning for me, and less planning for them.  (aside from college, and curfew.ha)

Last night was another moment, sitting at a big soccer game.  In the stands.  Freezing.  With my friends, and cuddled up close to B, while we watched an intense soccer game.  (Yes, Lady Griffin's still remain in 1st place. TAKE THAT EDISON, and your "Unfinished Business shirts"!) Knowing that these days are numbered. These games are numbered.  I will miss those soccer games.  I will miss packing the car up, and unpacking when we get home, tired and all.  Last night my girl pulled in behind me.  Yes, it's all changing real fast.  

I never imagined how these days would feel.  I do enjoy them. I am very proud.  And I am very thankful.  To all my followers that have little ones, be ready.  These moments come faster then I expected.  And those days of trying to find a sitter to have a date night, soon become a thing of the past.  Chapters 16, 17 and very soon Chapter 24 for one, will happen this year.  You will be planning drivers licenses, SAT testing, and college applications, sooner then you expected. 

Here's to a new me.  While I keep pressing on these two little burritos that have always been my rocks.
The two that kept me going when I felt like tossin' in the towel. And the laughter this dude gives me is another story in itself.  Thank goodness we are silly.
Chapter 14.

(photo bombed by a serious feller..) ha. Looks like he's gonna toss his break dancing cardboard down any second...ha.


















 

Time for me.  A little more time for me. And a feller named B.

Good job K and K. You two make me proud.

P.S.  Peeps, don't get me wrong, my teachings are far from over.  But the days of toting two kids, down to one, just gets more and more obsolete. 



xoxo
Always more besos.

No comments: