Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Don't worry about the fancy stuff.....

And so this marks the 3rd pasta party.  I think.  This year, things have been a little different.  For us.  We know how the Chapter 16 girl drives, and all.  And other times I really didn't know the family well enough to bombard with my camera, and heels clickin' together as I stroll in....so I stayed behind.  But last nights pasta party was just that home I do know. That home that I've helped at before.  That home that knows how to make a mean white sauce (along with you Mrs. Dutton aka Martha Stewart) and a red sauce to be gobbled way too fast.  The house where us few moms sit in a room close by and enjoy wine, hummus and good talk.  That house.  It was cozy.  And as I was carpooling one sweet pea home last night, we conversed about food.  Pasta parties, and her opinions.  Did you know they just want to roll in and eat pasta with good sauce?  They don't pay much attention to detail, or fancy schmancy.  Matching napkins, and tables lined too perfectly....They just don't.  What they DO care about is their teammates.  The pasta, the pasta, and.....the pasta.  I said "what about the salads, and dessert"?  She said..."we just get there so starving, and all that we can look at is the pasta".  I smiled inside and out.  And I will carry that from house to house for the next few pasta parties.  Keep it simple. Keep it easy.  And do know that these girls appreciate every. single. ounce of love you put into what you do.  They just do.  
Ready to take down Edison today.  Boom.
 
 



The hostess for the mostest.  And "Rufus". He DID enjoy the girls, and whatever little remnants fell.  HA!


Because bonding, and sportsmanship, mixed with this kind of love is unlike any other. 


Truth be told.   Edison, be ready you fellers.  Be ready.  Because they don't worry about the fancy stuff.  Boom.

No comments: