Monday, January 7, 2013

I guess it does get a little easier....

You know just this morning, (Saturday)....I decided it was time to clean carpets, and purge, organize and toss away things of the past.  Donated clothes, and crap stuff.  It felt so so good.  And while I did this work, I kept drifting in and out of thoughts.  Like, man you've GOT to get those few thank you cards out...you've got to sit down and send an email to so and so, and hand write one to another...(Grandma Allie)...and all the other gazillion thoughts that roll through your mind while you pull a carpet cleaner back and forth....which sucks nuts.  And so...as I did, it dawned on me.  This entire week, my sweet girl toted herself to and from practices, friends, stores, and places.  And the reminder a friend said to me a few weeks back..."you will see, it's an adjustment, but it's good, and better for you all".  And she's very right.  The days do become easier. The worry is there, but just a little less.  The panic starts to subside, and you realize things will be ok.  And this afternoon as I sat down to blog my post for Monday...I came across these pictures.  Of her.  Of that baby girl that slept with me until...well, I can't mention. The girl that loved her thumb way to much, and the comfort of her Mommy.  That girl that would do anything for an animal or elder.  That girl that was a tomboy and called "Gremlin" by some family members because she always had food on her shirt or face....Her.  My little K.  She's gonna be fine.  A look back at some innocence.  I pray someone doesn't ever take this from me.  I pray dear God, don't take her from me.






Sorry K, had to. 









Happy Monday little monkeys.  Swing through this jungle with ease.  Or don't.  Stay on your perch.  And call me.

Love like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Greatest quote ever, by the way.

Boom.  Ha. 


No comments: