Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I take weekends very serious. We all know this, right?

Friday afternoon I had a headache.  Friday evening B cropped up with a nice new idea for date night here.  Yard House Long Beach.  A place we'd partied at years and years ago.  Good memories.  Great food.  And of course great tunes. We actually felt like lovers.  And that alone....is priceless.

When we arrived at home, I had a stuffy head, tickle nose, and sneezes that. would. not. let. up.  I tossed and turned all night with a full head of whatever fills our head up with.  boogers?  ya those. and more sneezes.  We woke up...to beautiful sunshine and warmer, much warmer weather.  I was served coffee in bed...and a huge smile with "hun, wanna ride bikes today"?   "ya, I do...let me get ready"....

And so we landed here.  It's their newest restaurant.  It was ok.  We arrived to see Kiely.  Our friend Paul's daughter....

We ordered this.  I would give it a 2 stars out of ten.  That bad.  Sorry Paul and K.  Next time we will def. order the tacos.  Let them get their breakfast cooks in order....

And of course we ran into Miss. Maddie.  She pleaded with me to step out front and "take my pictures, k?"....ok sweet pea. 

And this is her pretend to be sleeping pose.

She took this of me.  And just watching her little fingers operate my camera melted me.  So young.  So wise

At this point, my bloody mary had kicked in.  I felt really no pain, just really not me. 


But I rallied.

And somehow deleted the picture of me on my new pink bike.  #youfancygirl

love this view over a crowded mall anyday...

And I love me a sunset.  And so after heading home, collapsing on the sofa, I jumped up to drag B back across the street to catch this.  Well, helllloo Catalina...





Good night Mr. Sun. 

We thank you for that warm sunshine today...



And while we ventured on through our day....these little birdies ventured through theirs.

The perfect day to hike...that's for sure.
Back home to be cuddle bugs with our 4 pack.  Home is where I belonged.

Because the next day.....I was headed here.  Thank you Jean for hosting such the pre-party...


And yes, Coby, you were quite the host yourself.  Until you heard us say..."are we ready to GO"  Those two famous letters when you own a dog.

Mini-Van Mobbers. 

And the mini-van mobbers do get back private parking at the Staples.  So no need to walk far or anything.....

Now off to 24 Wolfgang Pucks Restaurant. 



Oh, I get these freakies everytime I look over.  #iamsoafraidofheights

This looked pretty bad ass though. 



Yea, and those fruit drinks.  sixteen bucks.  We sent them all back.  Too sweet.  #headachers
Sinful with a capitol S.

Until I notice these fellers, I mean fellas all on their phones.  What the?

Yea you girl.  Stop posting.  HA!

Lady Gaga, here we come. 

And so I am partying like a rockstar, pretending to be A, OK.  But my ear was plugged and throbbing.  My head felt dizzy....

And I carried on like no body's business. 
Because this name here took very good care of us. Yes, Ritz...you sure did.  And Maria, it's always you girl.  You pull me through some crazy fun gates. 

Private room.  Thanks.

Lady Gaga.  You rock too girl. 

As I am true believer in "live and let live".  And I do believe people are born this way.  Sad that some hide in closets because of ridicule and hypocrisy.  Yes, that does exist.  And yes cruel fake religious people do too

And so if it takes a few people in this world to sing songs to help others love themselves.  Then I will celebrate right along with them. 

We  were tucked away in this room, ever so plush....It was the perfect view to see lots of ....eh em...interesting fellers.



And a shout out to Ritz for such the amazing concert experience.  But most of all to Maria.  She is the homegirl.  She is the one with swag. ha - She knows I love her, and she knows that I would always rally to be with her, and our posse. I had a great time girls.  Late night, but worth it.
In bed by 2am, up at 6 with a stuffier ear, that was in fact throbbing again...and a body that said...."girl, sit back down"....as a matter of fact..."lay down".  And so I did.  K was home.  I was home, and I slept all.day.long.  Anyone that knows me, I don't do naps.  Never been able to.  But I did.  I awoke just after 1pm.  Rather grouchy, but reminded, this field is where I need to be.  Watching this girl.  Bathing in sunshine.  Sitting shotgun next to my friends.  We took down Marina.  3-1.  The week will indefinitely fly by again...and the memories will come and go.  But this past weekend was everything a simple girl would love.  Date night at our fav spot, bike ride in sunshine, sunsets with a warm night..and a concert iced with luxury.  Yes, it was good.  Yes I am wiped out. Yes I finally took the advice from my friend Kyoko and bought Sudafed.  And the ear is clear.  Bam. more rhym skillz.   Happy Wednesdays little taquitos.  Be good. and be kind to animals.  xoxo

No comments: