Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Don't Blink....

So long, 2012......

For the most part, 2012 was everything I expected it to be.  B and I sat on the ocean on this New  Years Eve.  As I stared out into the great big ocean, a flood of thoughts floored me as they always do.  And with each little wave, I tried hard to say goodbye to the heartache.  The sadness of those lost.  The happy thoughts of those newbies.  The messy moments, usually brought to me with a special delivery from Mr. Winter.    As I stood there, B said..."Hun, you really have to consider how good 2012 was to us".  It was then.  That moment that I know this man reads me well.  I nodded my head, because my eyes were welling up.  It is good.  Life is good.  It is hard.  But darn it, if we are healthy.  If we have safe AND healthy children.  If we can support the roof over our heads.  We are good.  Just don't blink baby.  Don't blink.   Because life is flying by.  Cherish what you have today kids, because just imagine.  Really imagine.  


If those with broken hearts can just let things be.  And find some peace.  




I have learned a lot in 2012- About life, love, friendships, and just how much I can handle.  And how much I can't handle.  I've learned that living in the moment, while capturing it on digital is the best opportunity for me and my family.  I've also learned that setbacks, and little mountains I watch my children climb, while I climb bigger ones behind them are part of this life.  When we find happiness in the little things for ourselves, it's worth it.  It's all worth it.  Do what's best for your family.  For yourself.  Don't look back.  Be true. Eat good.  And always try to find some positive. Even when you feel there isn't.

2012 has been a good year.  An enlightening year.  I am ready to start the next chapter in my life. Are you? After all 13 is a lucky number.  Boom.

P.S.  Now go and drink more water, or have a brew to chase the hair of the dog.  Go.

http://youtu.be/4f0p5KqdU9U?t=1s


No comments: