Saturday, January 26, 2013

Looking back....

When I look back on the days when K and K were little, I have some regrets.  Some personal regrets, just like you, we carry them around forever.  But those other great achievements that I proudly carry with me are their evolving ways. The humans that I have raised.  To be respectful.  To be good humans.  To be kind. And to live this life to the fullest.  This morning while I headed out in the rain, I was reminded of those days.  Those days of making little rain boats for Kris and his friends.  Yes, I was the Mommy that would allow them to make boats to float down the gutter.  Trying to make one better than the other.  Filling them with little army men.  Cheering on the winner.  Kali would ask to put snow gear on and slip and slide out front....no problem. Allowing them to run in that said rain, getting so super wet.  And warming up with hot chocolate, and grilled cheeses with pickles.  I was that Mom.  I was that Mom that didn't mind mud puddles, and dirt.  I never treated my car like a museum. I just didn't.  And for that I am proud.  Because looking back, I have no rainy day regrets.  My kids will tell you this Mom allowed the simple things.  

Happy Saturday little Indians.  I hope you are doing your best in whatever you do. Bake something yummy.  Treat yourself to a mani-pedi.  Guys, go prep a meal that will knock her socks off.  What?  Or...go clean out the garage.  ha.  Whatever you do, dance in the rain.  Embrace it. Just like those moments with your kids.  Because just like that....you must look back.  

Cheers....to you, and you...and YOU!  clink*

Mama Lisa
That cool Mom that let em get dirty...
and play in the rain....

No comments: