Thursday, January 17, 2013

From this Mama Lisa.....

And because my playlist was rudely taken down from my blog....I have turned my world into Pandora (Jackson Browne station) along with Spotify.  Although I haven't ventured into paying for you folks to enjoy music along with reading...I am getting there.  Trust me.  Moving on....let's talk about this song.  This song plays along with one other (Forever Young by Rod Stewart-which I made my son sit and listen to the day he graduated) and every. single. time. it comes on....I think of my boy. My only son. And then there is this song below.. The only son that is so infatuated, if you will, with money, material, and at times, status. eh em tattoos.   I try hard to sink the simple values in this world to him.  I try to explain that living simple, and in love can be the best.  And last night, as he and I sat together eating dinner, this song came on.  And he said..."Mom, I really like this song...".  I said, have you listened to the words? He said, ya.  But really?   I hope he does.  Enjoy lover bugs.  Be kind.  Teach kindness and little things..  Be that example for them.  They need you.  They need us.  My greatest accomplishment is raising two birdies.  And the best job I can do is knowing they can take care of themselves someday.  Being kind and good along the way to others.  That is my biggest wish.  Happy Thirsty Thursday!  P.S. Thanks for jamming with me this week.  You all know how much I love music.  Live music? Watch out. no seriously.  Bring it.

No comments: