Friday, January 25, 2013

It's these moments...do they really even know?

Varsity days.  When you take all 18 girls shopping at The Dollar tree yesterday to prep for Senior Day.  That's where the sillys happen.  Yes, we mobbed that store.  And yes it seems nuts.  But YES I love to watch them soak up these amazing days.  Days they don't even know....."Are the days".....

Because this bond is unbreakable.

They've shared the same hardwork.  Tenacity.  Game Days.  Blood.  Sweat. Tears.  They have each other...

And their team Mom named Lisa follows them around trying to make their world a little sweeter. 

And The Mikalson's open their home for some more grub and lots of paint for decorating posters...

This girl.  This.....girl.   Kali, I love you more than words can ever be written.



These girls left this morning.  The ever so popular "Varsity Retreat".....

And this Mom had to compose herself and stay behind.  What started out as "Mom, I really don't want you to go"...to..."Mom, maybe you can come out, everyone wants you there".  And so it leaves the conflicting side of me wondering.  As always...Am I there too much?  Do I let her live through these little things without me?  Her Mom has always been the one to volunteer.  The Mom that is there.  Helping, organizing, and making cute things happen.  Maybe she's ready to be left alone.....just maybe. 

After all, this is the place they just arrived to. 

And their phones will be tucked away all weekend.  Plus no makeup. 

And no primping. Just time for them.  Time to exhale and enjoy these days....together.  One team.  One unit. 

And lots of laughter.  Lots of friendships, and maybe some tears, maybe some drama.  Maybe....just maybe....some relaxation.  I may, or may not have plans to head out there tomorrow.  I already miss them. I miss my girl. My homegirl Kyoko is there.  We were to do this adventure together this year.  I stayed back for a few reasons.  But I miss them.  Stay tuned you little burritos.   Palm Springs, I just....might get a taste of you....Happy Friday Fellas.  And Fellers.  And Mom's that love these days with your kids.  Go play.  Be fair.  And laugh like there isn't a tomorrow. 

No comments: