Saturday, January 12, 2013

And so the prepping and primping begins....

The theme this year.  This night to make memories.  With your friends.  Way different than when I was 16.  Hair, nails, makeup, and threading appointments lined up.  From place to place, I watch.  I smile, and of course snap shots.  These days.  They are far more irreplaceable then she really even knows.  High school days are some of my favorite memories.  They really are.  Can you just look above though, at that cat?  What the heck.  Scurrry.

This marks one year.  For these little birdies.  Actually their little official anniversary......wait, what?  Is Valentines Day. 

And so the gathering is planned.  The house that we know so well will host the dinner.  The hostess is Martha Stewart as I call her. (More on that later...)  They are in good hands from there.  Same party limo bus.  Almost the same large group.  Pictures by the ocean should be a little brrr with these arctic winds.  Topped with high crazy heels.  They make it work.  We, as parents make it work.  We just do.  We pray for their safety.  We hope this night is one to remember.  We hope all the planning is something that will mark in their little memory books as "epic".   And that K's Mom isn't the only "mean" mom, and will be lucky enough to see a huge smile when she returns.   Winter Formal 2013.  Let's do this.  Happy Saturday little rascals.  Make it a good one.  Eat good.  Be true. To yourself, first.  Pinkie promise?  Stay tuned - I will post about these fellers, fo sho.  After I head over to Thrifty's to get my film developed.  Man, how many flashbulbs do I have left....boom.  

No comments: