Friday, January 11, 2013

We knew it would be a full week...

Pasta party, Big home game, B's and Grandma Shirley's birthday celebration, away game and winter formal prep.  I knew my week would be full. Every night.  I was ready. I am always ready.  That's what she said..wha? ha.   I captured many shots.  I will leave you with these two.  Big game vs Edison.  It was a tie.  These little moments of encouragement mean more to me then the score.  Winning is winning.  Losing is losing.  Friendships and bonds create humanity in our roots.

And this morning, while I wait for a plumber...(ya shower, you officially suck and your little trickle) I hear a knock on my door.  This morning offered us big passing rainy fluffy clouds.  Cool windy moments. And freshly rained on..."everything".  I open my door to find my neighbor friend.  Standing there, with this.  This here my friends- Oh.  It's just an organic carrot cake.  A cake described as one of the best I've ever bit into. Moist, nutty, organic carrot cake. When you talk "whole".  This means everything natural.  Good stuff.  I quickly poured myself another cup of Joe, cuddled up in my chair...in a house filled with peace and quiet...the true definition of celebrating "life's little things"...  8am.  Me. Cake. Coffee. Peace.  and quiet.



Big plans for the weekend?

Winter Formal time....which meant I had to buckle up, pull my big ol' mean undies on, and express to Chapter 16 girl, that "no", and "I'm sorry"...you cannot go to any after party.  Nothing good happens after midnight at sixteen.  Or seventeen.  Or eighteen. 

I officially have the biggest trophy for Meanest Mom.  Talk about a storm that rolled around her room this morning. and.....last night..... I should capture this stuff on video.  Yes?  Play it at her wedding?  Show her kiddo's someday? No?  Rolling your eyes at me?  Yes?  ha.

 Have fun fellers.  Happy Friday
GO BIG OR STAY ON THE PORCH.
Just be home by twelve thirty.

Love you, and you and you...

Mean Mom Winner. 



No comments: