Saturday, January 9, 2016

T-4

Hey friends! First of all I'd like to wish my best friend and lover a Happy Birthday!

Pretty wild way to celebrate with our son as we watched one of the hardest "dynamite" chemo's infilter into his body. This after enduring 11 rounds of radiation. He's kept his chin up as much as he can considering his nausea is extreme. He hasn't eaten anything since Tuesday. And that was a bite of soup. To which he puked.
Our nurse "Reggie" is cool. Cool in a way as a dude you can understand things. Nausea. Communication. Things.
When I arrived this morning my auntie Nettie was sitting at the end of his bed. The same aunt that held him up during his first hardest chemo ever. She smiled at me with the same acknowledgment of motherhood. Knowing what we do for our kids.
The infusion was 4 hrs long. An infusion that will most likely make him curl up for the next ten plus days. This will wipe the rest of his counts out.
Before the end of the process he will lose the rest of his hair, and all finger and toe nails.

As I stared at him earlier I can understand, but not really want to accept just what is about to happen.
And so I pray. I walk the halls when I become frazzled, and I pray.
He's taken some sips of sprite. He's on his instagram. And he's on his computer.
My other auntie Lynda also showed up. Bringing him a pet snake and a little angel. My sister and
Kali were also here. It sure made the spirit in her lighten as we know his days of isolation are near. We know that he will need love, but can't get interaction much.

My corner view is the majestically set mountains. I try to imagine life out there. Someone hiking. Someone enduring good moments and maybe even hard moments. Life out there for people healthy  and maybe some who have won the fight.

I hope your night is filled with positive thoughts for my boy. For prayers. For smiles, and most of all HOPE.

Love and peace and lots of faith,

This warrior Mama Lisa






No comments: