Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 17

Betcha thought I'd forget to post the latest and greatest. 

Greatest.... 

Counts
WBC 5.2
Hgb  12.4
Platelets 207
Cr. 0.62

Today I worked my tail off on more nesting.  I don't know what is stressing me out more.  How to feed him (Immune compromised diet) or all of the worries of molds, spores, my cats, soil, dogs, toxins...you name it.  I've got a list compiled. So hard to explain, other than n.e.s.t.i.n.g.  Parting with my microwave.  
Introducing a convection or toaster oven.  Biggest dilemma is how do I rewarm my coffee each morning that I do at least twice. First world problems. 

I've cleaned out more junkdrawersfilledwithyearsworthoflife.  HA.
I sent a picture to Kris of my "handyman" drawer that has a mixture of tools that I guess people should have in their home.  Well, my tools had old remnants of dried Arby's sauce smeared all over it. 
And so....
I cleaned that.  

I also parted with little tiny zip ties....

Zip ties.   Why. 

Who had them there, and why.  LOL

I cleared my utensil drawer out.  You guys, so many memories in there.  Wooden spoons and ladles I've had since Kris was a baby.  The knife from my wedding.  The red plastic cookie cutters that never managed to really indent on the dough, but I held on to them....just because. 

I cleared it all out.  I saved my favorites. My most used.  The most sentimental. Because honestly that still is something I cherish when I do make my way to my parents.  Holla to the Tupperware salt and pepper shakers.  And measuring cups. 

It was all I could do to part with some pineapple cutter thing that I bought at a cooking party ---hello Evelyn....LOL   And I bet I used it once.  
But still, I was probably a mama hero that day.  Perfectly sliced pineapple.  

When now I just slice that stuff up in seconds.  Because you know the drill....
Age brings finesse.  And wisdom.  And creativity. 

I didn't get to my boy today.  His sister and Dad have been there. You better believe his nest is ready.  His bed is plush. His tv and new dresser I picked up last night is placed in the perfect spot.  

I've made so many changes.  For this.  For him.  For us. 

I wonder what the week has in store for us.  I wonder how the layout will be. 

He's getting antsy.  A tad bit irritated with things.  And people.  

But wouldn't you?  Almost week 4.  In a room.  Sick, and better and sick and better.  And scared.

And chatting with people at times you care not to, but have to. 

Day 17.   Looking better than 16.

Doing it Kris.  

I can't wait for these pages to flip and close.  One step closer to healed.  

Happy Saturday night.  My little back is screaming at me.   But nothing compared to the marathon my boy has endured. 
High School Days

Mexico 

Daydreamin' in Mexico....

Big Love, and kindness from my heart to yours.

This Warrior Mama Lisa



No comments: