Tuesday, January 12, 2016

T-1

Well kids, he's made it to this magic day before tomorrow where he enters day 0. Day zero that will give him a second chance to live a normal, cancer free life.
Transplant tomorrow!
Counts-
WBC-0.4 (isolation has begun) can't leave his room.
HGB 10.4
Platelet - 111 (which surprises me...remember upon diagnosis he admitted at 18)
Cr- 0.68


The thing about BMT is there's risks and the hill to climb to get here has been absolutely tough! And yet he continues to be gracious. He's kind and he's polite. I've watched him puke, and dry heave and still answer the "not the best timing of social workers and therapists" questions. Inside I want to shout get the fuck out, but I just hold the big pink bucket and remind him to breath. All along my side eye is winning.

Today he's begun the final pills to not reject his transplant. They're little light brown triangle pills. I pray those little gems help heal my baby.
As I type this he contines to be uncomfortable. Adjusting his bed and blankets. He takes his beanie off and on. I reminded him of how proud I am. He's come so far! He's made it to the best place. He has a warrior of friends behind him. Friends that are sisters to me, pray daily. Wake daily thinking of him. They pray at night for him. They send encouraging notes.

It's because of you. As he stated in a post to my friend Kyoko whom is like an auntie to him. "Much love extended family".

My sweet neighbor Erica who drops off breakfast and dinner for me because she knows me and my path. Maria, and Shell I love you girls. Let's look out at the harbor waters soon and sip wine.
To Bill who continues to hug me and wipe tears. And let's me bark and bite and just stares at me.

My sister, I wouldn't get through this without you.
Jen, the love of his life that drives 100 miles round trip and sleeps in a recliner next to his sick body.
You, my girl. You are the reason he is able to push through.
My big family....thank you.
My aunt and uncle way up north that continue to send love. Peace and love.
For you all, I will FOREVER be grateful.

Leeettttttssss get ready to rumble!

Come on baby, climb these next few hills..

I love you Merkamer. I will fight with you until my last given breath.
Love,
This warrior mama lisa



No comments: