Saturday, January 30, 2016

His Auntie-



From day one of this nightmare, my sister has been filtering around trying and doing everything she possibly can to help.  To help him and to help me. From the beginning days of chemo rounds, and delicately trying to feed him, to arriving at the hospital with a cold of her own so she just sat in the parking lot. 
By herself. 

Buying him slippers, socks, and delivering food that he would eat.  Like Porto's in Downey that makes the best sandwiches.  
And the times he'd suffer from "Chemo Brain" and argue with her about what she fed him last, to the next. 

She's been hurting just like us.  And lays in bed at night with the tormenting feeling of what we all feel.

Before he entered City Of Hope she requested numerous days off to help.  To help me and to help him.  

On about week two, he became restless and frustrated.  Frustrated with visitors and family that just wanted to help. 

And so she backed away.  She really had no choice.  And so she again, filters her soul, and is trying to figure out what and how to help him. To help me. 

This past week she sent me a link about German Donors.  It was TRULY amazing.  I sat in the corner of his room, with the blinds closed..and listened so intently.  

She sent me this latest link.  



And you begin to realize that family is everything.  My only sister that is hurting and watching from a distance.  Because she wants to help so badly.  So she does what she knows best.  Research.

Take a read through what the process looks like.  What Unrelated donors really mean.  How close matches help....etc.

I hope it clears up questions you may have.  I've also had questions about the journey of "counts" and where they should be....
Keeping things honest....I never could ask or go there. I simply walk through the valley of his fight for life, and watch them increase and listen to doctors daily.  Knowing he's thriving. 
This may sound completely redic to you.....but unless you're wearing my size 8 big shoe....you wouldn't get it.

Happy Saturday!  

Lots of PEACE to you...

God is good!

Love, 

This Warrior Mama Lisa-

Tina, I love you sister....my fellow alley cat-xo


No comments: