Monday, January 11, 2016

T-2

Today, has been a good day.
When I arrived this morning his smile made the day begin just like any mama hovering over a nest would like. He puked a few times as I was getting my little report from the nurses. If there's one thing I've learned in treatment, is get to know your nurses, and appreciate them. Help them help you. Unless they get he and she mixed up. Then, they're out. Jk. (Did you know there's always a little honesty in every jk).LOL

We've had to wear these yellow surgery looking gowns because he's had el diarrheal symptoms.
So.....we wear these, masks and gloves. The trick to the gloves is to ALWAYS grab small. (You can function much better). I tend to float around his room still. I often wonder if my nervousness tendency will subside. Both docs made their way in today. One I love, her name is Korrie. She always listens to HIS needs. The other is a bit essentric and sometimes dramatic. Both care a great deal, but you know...bedside manner baby...bedside manner.
Korrie always fist bumps him, and gets him.
After they left we showered. When I say we, it's a little group effort to hand over various washes and oils. Both were given to him by my friend Beth. Neutragena oils, post radiation is just perfect.
After his shower and he was still unhooked he wanted to go for a walk. One loop through his path and out to that same atrium. Where he was awe of the snow covered mountains.

Soon he began to show me pictures of food. I cracked up because this is the pattern we followed in rounds two and three of chemo. I'd start the process of what foods we can have, and those we can't. Like his desire of weiner schnitzel. (Does sound good though, you all know I can woof down a corn dog drenched in mustard before I pull out of the drive thru..so ya)
Nope. No weiner schnitzel Kris.

Kali made her way here as she does, to sit with me. To sit with him.  To be with us.
She also had dinner ready for me last night.
I tell you kids, it's the little things. His counts are low and getting lower.
Our birthday boy is getting ready. As they say...one day at a time. But today....? Today is a good day.
Counts:
WBC 1.3
HGB 11.2
Platelets 136
Cr 0.70

January 11, 2015---

Gotta keep my chin up, God gives his biggest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Big love,
This Mama Lisa
Ps. Finally found a social worker that seems normal. Holla Terrance!










No comments: