Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 10

Well......

Stems woke up and made their way to where we hope they'd go.

Counts-

WBC .04
HGB  10.8
Platelets 21
CR. 0.43

I was able to get my margarita last night, got home, showered and climbed into my bed with a peaceful feeling. When I left last night he was in so much tummy pain. From what I can see, is the radiation effects fried his insides so bad. Starting with his mouth. Through the throat, and now down to his stomach. Each time his stomach would create a spasm Kali would remind him to breath it through. So crazy you guys to watch my youngest help her brother breath through what looked like a contraction.

While drying him after his shower, his little waist is so small, and his legs are stick thin.
He was trying to dress himself and put lotion on...until finally he asked for help.

This morning he texted me at 7am. "Mom...  .04"--
And then...will you call me....
A doctor just came by and was concerned of the diarrhea output. And his labs were being reviewed..
All of which scares Kris. He does well with a system. Meaning the same crew. The same docs. The same pattern. When someone else comes in, it spins him into a panic.
And some talked through it.

Bill and I have been gathering our twigs, twine, sprigs of nesting to finish his nest. Today Bill installed new wood blinds and I continued to purge and clean things in preparation for his delicate homecoming.  This morning we worked in his room. My car was being serviced and would be ready by 1pm.

Kali packed her car to the brim, and off she went. (I had to slide into my room and let a good cry out. I will miss having my little buddy with me here and at home) First stopping in Seal and spending time with her friends in HB. Next week is back to the grind for her. She's taken on a big load this year. I'm confident she'll nail it.

Just like Kris will pull through this.

As I type he's chatting away with my Auntie Nettie. He's hazed on meds, but he's content. He's mentioning how happy he is that counts are climbing.  He feels it. This mountain. He's almost to the top.

Your love. Your positive vibes. Your peaceful wishes and prayers.


We feel em. We feel you.

Peace and LOVE..

This Warrior Mama Lisa








No comments: