Friday, January 22, 2016

Day 9

Well, after making through yesterday, and falling down the hill of the tallest rollercoaster. One of which I thought was gonna push me over the edge. I've heard that during this journey consists of physical and most intense the mental. Not me. Him. He didn't want to tell me, but did this morning. He cried yesterday afternoon pretty much off and on. Texting me this morning after having a dilemma while on the pot, and started to choke causing him to hit the panic button for the nurses to come in and suction him.

Meanwhile, he's telling me that today will be a better day. His face swelling has gone down. He still has a minor rash and some red bumps on his face but feeling rather decent as I sit and type this.
He's watching a show on fishing and pretty excited about owning a salt water fish tank someday. Something I'm gonna zip my lip on because.....HELLO maintenance...but I just smile and with squinty eyes through a mask that hides my lips.

He still likes the windows closed. I don't know which is more challenging, closed windows with an amazing view, or a mask and gloves that steam my glasses, and make me type typos like a boss.
Anyway. From the looks of today...he looks like he's making a turn. He told me I look pretty today. He also thanked me again "for being here and all I do"-
He will never know why until he's a daddy some day.

The hospital is so in tune with these phases, that they come in and can magnetically change the pictures in the room. Because they know isolation and the mind screw it causes.
Think of that. He chose the one that reminded him of a lake that would have Bass in it.

We began this process with his cozy blankets. His favorite beanies. His favorite socks.
And today?
No blankies. No beanies. And "socks suck".
And that's okay that socks suck, because you know what? Fevers have stayed away. So socks, you stay in that drawer.......ok?!

How's the full moon treating you? Any one starring in Shark Week? *raises hand, shoves another M&M in her mouth*

Anyone want a strong margarita sitting on the back of your boat at the lake?

Or, shoot...a margarita sitting anywhere.....raise your hand.....*hand raised*
Keep it up high...and make the best of your Friday night. Thank your body for good health.
Thank your support system for those that help you through the hard days.  Erica. You girl.
To my best friends that text, and back away because they know I haven't put down my weapons of protection. You. You, my friends....we will sip wine this summer and put the tickets to this rollercoaster in the trash.

Drive safe, and love hard. We are not guaranteed tomorrow....
One phone call can change everything.
Everything. Forever.

Happy birthday to John Jacobs. We feel your prayers.

And tomorrow and the next...and the next....counts will rise. At least that's what we pray for.
Counts-
WBC 0.1
HGB 9.8
Platelets 18
CR- 0.49
More lipids (fats added via IV) added with his TPN (nutrition for survival)

And two bites of soup today!

Love, and lots of peaceful patience to you all....

BE KIND.


This Warrior Mama Lisa








No comments: