Thursday, January 28, 2016

Day 15

 A dirty board, getting dirtier.  And that's okay...

Because these days, and number changes for the better only mean one thing.  Healing. 

This morning on my drive into work, we briefly chatted.  Not so much medical, but mostly about the new boots one of his friends/sponsors sent him.  Three nice pairs, and full of love. 
It's the eye on the prize type of thing.  All of those fishing partners, buddies, and companies that text, call and tag him daily to "get better dude, let's get back on the water"!

Trust me when I say I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM BACK ON THE WATER-----

It's gonna be a little while.  He's gonna be sheltered, and sheltered some more prior to getting out there. 
But he will.  
Trust me. 
This morning he's still complaining of a stomach ache.  It feels like he has a big hurting burp that won't come out. 
He's still weak, but gonna walk when I get there today.  We're also gonna try and get more of that dead skin off his bod.  
He still feels "weird"- Which, listening to my friend Beth....it's all really wild, you feel the white cells and new life taking over. 

So, today I present to you Day 15.  Higher counts.  And a boy with cabin fever, yet scared.  He's fearful things won't go as they are....you know that PTSD syndrome.  
I said..."don't go there Kris, take that out of your mind"- 


25 days in hospital, 27 days in treatment-


Hope.  Lots and lots of HOPE-


He sent me this picture.  Our first day.  A day I will leave this Earth tainted, and stained into my soul. 


I will forever be grateful for pictures like this....

From my cousin way up north.  In between games.  Standing shot-gun to this cross. 

My beacon.  

Our beacon. 

Happy Thursday you guys....

February 3, is hopefully gonna be a strong, healthier beautiful day.  Maybe I can drive my birdie home and set him in his nest---

And it's my little cousins birthday.....so it must be. 

FAITH is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark----

This Warrior Mama Lisa


No comments: