Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Life With Hope

Hey Peace Loves-

Back to blog updates from my ipad. His admission yesterday was long and of course included lots of different offices, lots of waiting and lots of frazzled nerves. Finally after getting into his room at 7:30pm he and Jen do what they do. Cuddles and pictures, but most of all adding pages to these chapters. If there's one thing I've learned through this process is her strength. At times when I can't seem to stop crying, or Kris begins to panic she just puts things into perspective for us both.

Last night Bill and I tossed and tuned as we expected would happen. That groggy feeling of getting dressed, sipping coffee and pulling back into a place that I hold so much Faith in. As I was told from day one, and any persons involved here, it is the best.

We arrived at 7am after trying to get him to eat. He wasn't hungry and filled with anxiety. They came to get him at 8 for his first radiation. He was gone for about an hour, returning with a full spirit. A physical therapist came in to begin the process of how they will conduct their daily therapy. Within about an hour he looked at me and said "mom I'm starting to feel it"- and so he puked up his Gatorade and the little banana I was able to get him to eat.
Within another hour they retuned to get him for second radiation. By this time his happy spirit turned to a frown, and off they went. He puked in there but was helped by the amazingly sweet tech "Deana"- she had to un strap him, bring him down, let him puke and re-start the process. Offering him a watermelon jolly rancher in which he said helped.

He's back in his room as Bill and I sit bed side. They just gave him Ativan, and a dose of Benadryl is coming next. Both of which will help him relax and sleep until his 4pm round of radiation. He has 9 more to go.

As much as you prepare things for this process you will never be prepared to see how sick they become. How a spirited happy dude can be curled in a ball.

Looking at the cup we all want filled, it's a positive move forward. We do know our donor is an 18 yr old male in Europe. Our grateful hearts are beating with thanks for him. For what he's endured to offer his stems to our boy. We pray for safe travels for the transporter. For the plane. For the miraculous process of science.

Today T-8 is a rainy weepy one for me. But with the strength of our team. Jen, Bill Kali, my sister and Tori. My aunts that are my surrogate moms.

We will get to the finish line.

Pray you guys!

Love, lots and lots of love...

This warrior mama lisa










No comments: