Tuesday, February 19, 2013

You have plenty of time now...

Over the weekend I mentioned to Bill about how crazy it is to look back on the years of raising little ones.
The car seats, the driving back and forth to preschools, long events like Christmas programs, getting a little girl ready every. single. morning.  Braids, bows, cute shoes to match her outfits.  Not to mention the conversations in the car about who was acting like "this" and sometimes like "that"....and how she hoped her lunch didn't have oranges in it because it made her whole lunch taste like an orange.  How Kris would ask for me to come by the track and "watch em all ride".  And I would.  How he'd ask for me to drive him way out to Hemet for a jump track that had a foam pit. In my little ol' Jetta.  And I would.  How Kali played at different little fields, and practiced a couple nights a week, with a mama as "team mom".  And I'd organize mom's to sit with me and make bows.  How the date nights had to be organized by finding a sitter.  How all of these mornings, I managed to do it.  By myself.  Each day, and each night. I did it.  No fear.  I am the strong one remember.  I really had no other choice.   I never ever missed a morning breakfast or packed lunch.  I drove hundreds of miles for them.  Many fields with Kali...near and very far.  Just her and I.  I always made it work. Tired, sick or absent... I somehow was able to coordinate or manage it.  Fast forward to High School and they drive off. Literally.  All they need is their bank card for food and gas.  Time frames and reminders of responsibilities, and they "are off an goin" -

And then.....his words.  "Yea, see you thought you were busy back then"....
In other words, I interpreted it as "You have plenty of time now"
Thanks Bill.  Thanks. You are truer than true, you wise feller. 

And I will tell you what I do now....but first, don't take this wrong.  It's not a bad thing...what I do now.

I'm learning to be alone more.  More time for me.  More time for walks.  The gym. Eating healthy. Spending time with friends.  More time of reflecting on what life is for me now.  I never imagined. There are days that I feel lost.  There are days that I would rather be with the one I love who is working so hard.  Like this now.  The big show of the year.  Remember that place where I stalked Carey Hart?  The place where "Rich Weirdo" clothing is? yea that place.  LV

Grrrrr.  Get it baby.

Oh new logo how I love thee.  Fatal is moving big things around, right about now.  It's all happening fast.
As for me, I will continue to figure out the busy path. My mantra should shout, work out or rock out.  But I must keep my examples clean and clear.  Like shop til I drop.  Or clean with gleem.  Or at this point maybe a rapper.  Either way we look at it, I am keeping busy.  I have a cleaner car.  The trunk is emptier.  The seats remain super clean.  I do continue to share clothes with my teen girl, making my style extra fun at times. 
I look forward to summer.  I just do.  I look forward to hanging with my dude, while we water our silly side. 
Happy Tuesday Taco Heads.  Any Taco specials in your town? Or did that fad fade away......
For some strange reason my cooking tall hat fell off this week.  Do you have those weeks? One week your on like a chef. Rallying for great meals for all. And the next week you cringe when some creature you live with says "so whats the plan for dinner".  ha.

Southern Cali Surfers, Jack-freaking-pot! SURF is up today.  Dirty water though.  Thanks to litter bugs. 

And for the other worker bee's.  Get your cutest rain boots out. 

And dance in the water....who cares.  You got time. 
Pretend that the world is perfect, the sky is pink and rainbows do in fact have some gold at the end.

P.S. I did get a new lime tree that I look forward to planting.  It's little plastic sign that held on tight read "fast growing mexican green limes".  Bring it baby. That's what she said-  Limes.  Salt.  and......fill in the rest.

Love,
Me. 





No comments: