Monday, February 11, 2013

Serving others.

The weekend flew by.  It was one of those weekends to batten down the hatches, and do things for LOVE. 
It was all about others, versus me.  Bill's parents have both been challenged with ailing situations.  You know the situations that parents find themselves in.  Bodies that begin to fight back. One is eighty five, the other following behind, (but she doesn't like to talk about those numbas)  Pages have been unfolding with their bodies.  Hospital stays.  Urgent care.  This stuff happens more frequent lately.  They return home with strict orders to "take this" and "don't forget that", "eat this, and don't eat that"....  And the most important...have someone around to keep you safe.  Something I never really think about until I sit still and really "think about", with having parents so far away.  They need us when they get older.  They need daughters and sons to stop by and check on them.  They need breakfasts, lunches and dinners planned FOR them.  They need reminders that we really don't even fathom right now while we are still young.  And so....this weekend, it wasn't about "us", or "me". It wasn't about what fancy restaurant we'd dabble into.  It was about serving family. 
Roots.

All he wants is a good Martini, some salty peanuts and a good "Cowboy" movie on. 

I cooked a huge meal, and made Gaylord's favorite salsa.  We doted over them.  We gave to those who have given so much.  They are incredible parents that have raised and taught strong ethics.  Kids that are sharing house visits.  Cleaning,. Dr. Appts, more meals, and more doctor appts.   You really don't understand the magnitude of this responsibility until it lands on your door step.  Everyone is busy.  Including all of their children. But somehow, someway, they work through and with eachother.  Covering all meals, and daily help.  Trust me, it's not as easy as it sounds.  Love comes from the roots of the tree. And I am seeing it.   So if I can cook a big meal, clean up and help, you betcha I will put my hands in that chapter.  I also managed to work around my house.  Prepare my meals for the week.  Plant flowers, finish laundry (which meant further then just the dryer...) Clean out drawers, wash all the bedding, and take Chapter 16 shopping..yes, it was a busy weekend, but it was one I will be proud of. Because I remain able.

Happy Monday Little Worker Bees. 

It's beautiful out.  That's for dang sure. 

Be good.  

xoxo

No comments: