Friday, February 15, 2013

Love was in the air.

I am one of those persons that start looking at Valentine gifts, things, flowers...way, way early.  I love the holiday, and I am sorry, but for some reason, I think it's a girls holiday.  Bill disagrees.  Which to a certain extent, he is right.  I mean, when is "their" day?  How do we swoon them?  And so, I try to relate to the holiday all non-chalant....but let's be real for a moment.  Who doesn't love to have flowers delivered, or cute things of love given, and received on the biggest lover day of the year?  Not to mention every FB and Insta picture is some flowers sitting on someones desk, or some super cute romantic gig pulled off again, by yet another cupid feller.. And so I started my typical day.  The robot.  Coffee.  Clothes.  Hair.  Drive.  I know I may sound a bit hard at this point.  But serious, let's keep it real.  I expect.  I expected.  And the day rolled out.  My narcisstic side, was wondering.  Why no flowers?  He's such a romantic.  Lunch time came around, and he said "he had errands to run"...and so  I thought..hmm..bam, here it's gonna happen.  It didn't.  ha. And why I'm rambling about this, is irrelevant, please just let me. thanks.

More selfish moments. Of me.  Do any of you feel this way? And no dudes, you must not shake your head like this "doesn't make sense to you".  Because girls love to be flowered, showered, and tossed in the air with love, on. that. day.   So.....fast forward to end of my day...I end up at our CIF first game.  Where we lost 4-2. The ref sucked.  The players were rough and tough.  The game was brutal. The game ended in many tears.  Our Seniors last game.  Last time on that field, playing with their girls.  It's done.  I couldn't handle the tears..(shocker)- and so I ran rushed to my car.  And headed home.  When I arrived, there were no flowers.  And inside, I kind of chuckled.  I thought, "what is wrong with you Leese".

There was a bag.  In that bag it contained a Nike box...
some new digs.  I love them.  Like seriously, LOVE them.

Inside of these digs, were...
these.  And there's a funny story behind little black boxes in our house.  ring?  #someday

 I was receiving texts from Kris about their cute day of surprises at Disneyland.  He surprised Lizo and took her there for the day....and it melts me when my kids do anything romantic and full of love.

They had a blast, and each time I would receive a picture, it would make me smile inside and out.

Our night ended up with these kids.  The 6 pack with a few extra.  New friends, and old friends.
It was a sweet night with good food, amazing wine, and lots of laughter. (and no I didn't get the wear red and blue memo. dangit)

At this restaurant called "Red Table"......we sat......drum-roll...........at the..........


Red Table. And got kisses.  And lots of cute smiles.  And told I was beautiful.  Never mind that I have a creepy eye here.  Ignore that k?
I soon received a text from Kali.  She was at dinner with Gianni.  Enjoying their favorite little Italian restaurant.  It's been 1 year since they've fallen madly in love with eachother.  And it's been one year that this boy has treated our girl like a princess.  He sincerely is awesome sauce.  And so awesome sauce that HE made this for OUR girl.
Are you ready......?    This may or may not be influenced by his sweetest, cutest mama.  Without further adoo, check out this masterpiece work of art, crafted by Gio for my Kali-koo-koo-

Seal Beach Jr. Lifeguards. 2009

And yes, those are lyrics printed on each page, of their favorite love songs.









This is, in fact young love.  And it's a true word of respect.  And faithfulness.  And a love story that started when they were 12 at Lifeguards.  His last page says "To be continued"....
They ordered and picked up his Mom's favorite dish last night, stopped and got flowers, and delivered them to her.  When they sent me the picture all I could think was "wow, you two make me proud".  When you raise your children, you hope you instill good ways.  Loving, giving ways.  And this we have done thus far.  I am proud of these two.  I am proud of Kris and Lizo.  It's watching them grow and learn about life.  Together, and apart.  This is life. And making little things really big things will always make me sit back in my chair and smile.

Yep Ladies and Gentlemen.  Showing love and respect does come around full circle.

These are the days.....

Come on weekend, come and get me.  I am ready.

Are you ready?  Make it a good one.  I triple dog dare ya.

The sun is shining.  Eat good food.  Be proud of what you are, and how far you've come.  Be in charge of your destiny.  Teach kindness.  Teach loving ways.  Respect yourself.  Love those friends that continue to stand you back up. Always.
Carmen, if you read this, and when you read this. You rock.  You do.  Planning things for us, always going for it.  Keeping that big smile for us, with your beautiful lips and face.  It's you.  You keep us all together.  To my other girl friends that send me emails and texts. Kyoko and Cindy E.  I love them. I love you chickie-doodles. My neighbor brought yet another round of Organic Carrot Cake Cupcakes,  made from love.  Passing along more goodness.

These are the days, kids.

Keep smiling.  Get outside.  And love the one your with.  And tell them often.

Even with little pinches on the behind.  Those count too.

Don't have a lover?  Adopt a pet. They can't buy you flowers, but they will slather you with kisses and lots of unconditional love. 

xoxo

L






No comments: