Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Robot Mode.

I have those days.  When I wake up.  I walk directly into the kitchen, grab my same ol' mug.  Same ol' little spoon.  Same ol' sugar dish, while opening the fridge to grab my milk.  Pouring my cup o' joe, and soon begin to whip up the princess' breakfast.  She actually isn't a princess. She can be quite the B word some days if you ask me.  She can be.  This morning was no different.  I make.  I prepare. I smile.  I offer.  And it's that same ol' dry answer.  The bleh attitude she carries.  I know it's Chapter 16, soon, very soon, Seventeen.  These days I feel like this....
And as much as I know it's these days that her age offers less talk.  More selfish time for her.  Flat irons, and clothes strewn throughout her room, with accessories laid out on her dresser.  This too shall pass.  Like what is she thinking?  What's on her mind?  Why the attitude? I did listen to her brother set her straight this morning.  He pretty much said everything I wanted to say...and eh em...more, and deep in my roots I was like.."get her Bub". haha.  But they told eachother off, calmly and yet very pinpoint.  I continued to slather makeup on my wrinkle free face. ha.  Smiling on the inside and at times the outside.   Yes a perfect home, DOES NOT exist.  trust me fellers.  And these little household tizzys don't really even matter.  Do they?

I watched on the news as a casket of one of the fallen officers was being moved out of a funeral home to begin the long venture down the streets being saluted by fellow officers, and respectful public citizens.  The part that brought the very makeup I just applied, off of my eyes?  His wife. His Mom. His kids.  Weeping.  There. Barely able to walk.  Stand or cope.  All because another lunatic went nuts, in society.  Trying to prove a point. 
The job of an officer isn't safe.  It's quite brutal and very scary.  And when I hear people make comments about "cops" and how crooked it can be.  Everything is crooked.  Everything. Religion.  People.  Churches.  Jails.  Hospitals. Everything. It's how we deal with it.  But you better believe when you dial 911, and those "cops" pull up to help, you might have a different perspective.  My heart weeps for the families during the next months and years.  There will be many awful sleepless horrific days and nights.  And for that, I am truly sorry. 

For now I will watch a teenager that thinks her actions aren't being watched.  I am. We are.  I get it. 
I know these days will pass. No I won't clean her room. Yes I will still smile and pack her lunch, and make breakfast.  No, I won't tolerate rude actions, as I do stand my ground.  Both K & K know this Mom.  And wowza don't push that button too far in.  I will continually be a robot. In life.  At work. At home. In love. I am.

Some days I am tired.  Some days I am not.

Let's just call me a robot for now.  K?

K.

Robot Mom.

How are you guys? Robots?  Jumping up for joy around your house?  Life perfect?  Close?
Well you are a lucky feller you lucky feller.  boom.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Haha...it must be the week. I too am a robot. Packing, baking, field trip-ing, girl scout-ing, driving, cooking, teaching. Enjoy the weekend and the sunshine...it will revive us! Oh, and I'm laughing right now becasue to leave this comment, it asks me to type in a nonsense word and number and says, "Please prove you're not a robot." Haha!