Friday, August 31, 2012

Do what makes you happy.....

Well, this is it.  The last biggest weekend of the year.  Or. Maybe not? 

Because living in America and celebrating sunshine, Ferris wheels, bicycles and good times can be celebrated all year long, really.  Right?  It is true.  I mean, there might those silly rules that prohibit us from wearing white after labor day...and blah blah blah...but really when you look around, and you work hard for a living.  You should do what you feel like.  I do.  I love my white sunglasses shoes.  I can't wait to bundle up on those cool nights though. 

Especially on a long good weekend off.  Bill and I knew a while back that we'd celebrate this holiday the way we want.  That will be with friends.  With family.  BBQ'n.  Hanging by the waterside. Any waterside.  It will include lots of laughter. Hopefully quite a few kisses and many hugs.  It will include bike riding, and silly ways.  I mean, duh.  Mix a holiday weekend, with good brews, that will be just what you get. What's even better, is not having a schedule.  One big party, but other than that...we are free to shop do what we want.   We asked the kids to have friends over so we can bbq for them.  The response from one "Oh thanks Mom, we're going to the river".  The other "I don't know Mom, we don't really know what everyone is doing yet".  O.      K.   Souuuunnnnnds good, we'll wait.  I do know there will be sunshine.  Plenty of that. And a camera to catch it all.  Enjoy your weekend lovers.  Kiss your lover.   Hug your kids.   Eat good food.   Be kind to ALL LIVING CREATURES.  Big or small. Even spiders.  relocate them and run sucker, run.  CHEERS!  Happy Labor Day, you laborers.  You know who you are.  Boom. 


No comments: