Friday, August 24, 2012

California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa...Volkswagen Bus.

This boy. road trip. when asked to drive all. the. way. to Iowa, his response? "oh heck yes".  His mom, the anchor. the dwelling worry-wart, fretting the entire time.  of course, I worry about all things normal weird.  Like, where are you sleeping? What hotels?  What roads buddy? What about the winding roads through Colorado Bub? How will Bucksie do all the way there? His response-  "Mom, this is awesome, it's good for me to travel, for what if one day I want to move far away..".  And Bucks loves Road Trips Mama. Me: Move?  Wha?    seriously, WHAT?  I know I am weird.  Roll your eyes.  It's ok.  I do too.

But than Bill and Kali put me into place. again.  Yes.  Again.  The reminder: He's a big boy.  This is life. Let him go see parts of the USA.  I mean really, what if this becomes an only chance scenario?  What if parts of these states are so beautiful and awesome, he becomes stunned with beauty and good people?  Why harbor him from seeing things in life?  Wow.  It wasn't until this morning while I woke, very early, to check my cell phone...and "Instagram" for pictures, messages, anything.  His wings are growing.  I seen a picture today.  Of Bucks. In Utah.  "Somewhere in Utah".  The view was spectacular to say the least.  


Why not be so proud of him?  Why the heck not Lisa?  


I am.  I hope this trip is one to remember for the rest of his life.  That he meet nice people and nice people meet him. That he see parts of our country, and it's beautiful offerings.  Like parts of Utah and Colorado that I've heard are breathtaking. 


Have fun little ones.  Please include them in your prayers tonight, or tomorrow morning, or whenever you all pray.  Please include them. 


Happy Friday everyone.  Enjoy.  From the tips of your hair to the bottom of your toes.  It's Friiiidaayy....


Cheers to cold beers.  


XO


Love,  The worrier.  Seriously.  WHY?  


P.S. What do you think of my sneak peek of our photo shoot? You guys,  I love all of them.  I can't wait to sort through the rest.  If ANY of you are in our area, and this girl comes back to town, GET YOUR PICTURES DONE WITH HER.   Look at me. You better k?   She rocks.  They rock.  Look at my babies!


No comments: