Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Once upon a time....

Once upon a time, his girl showed up at the golf event.  In Irvine.  Beautiful place.  Hot day and warm evening....

and other people take just as many pictures as the girl.

And the golfer could not wait to see his girl.  that's what I think.


You see?  props to the tool that took this.  Wow, thanks for the sunshine in face. you rock little feller.  take up photography.  or not. 

and the boy loves to work the silent auction.  yes, he has bad-ass new glasses (they may or may not be white), and House of Blues concert pack.  Good deal dude. Date nights will love it there.

Someone needs darker makeup in the summer.  That's fo sho.  I swear if it's not the honey badger smile, or wait, I spy..eh em never mind.  it's chola makeup. wha?  omg.

and you meet up with Ms. Tilly, herself.  Yup, there she is folks.  She loves her some Fatal.  She sincerely does. 

And she loves her some Billy.  Tilly loves Billy. HAHA!

See, I told you so.  Her idea.  "Let's get on it." HA! (note:  That bid on a Bobber, donated by Fatal Clothing, was purchased by Tilly, 8k and handed to her marketing guy, whom was beyond stoked and broke down in tears...talk about appreciative...)

It was one of those nights.  Amazing food, great wine, 80's music, happy people...beautiful view.  Just one of those nights.  Tilly's you sincerely rock.  You do.  Bill's tenacious ways are complimented daily by your representation.  Fatal IS taking over.  I am so proud. 

And as I walked to my car like a mile away, it was warm. It was beautiful out.  The walk was so pretty.  I could not help but smile all the way to my car. (settle down, I had one beer, and one glass of wine) But for many reasons, I smiled.  As I stood at the light to cross, I see this cross.  It's having FAITH, and knowing during some of the toughest storms we've endured, that we'd make it.  That things will get better.  With faith.  It does.  Trust me.  I will.

And because I am his ROCK. He is my ROCK. It just works.  Many hugs in happiness, and many of these same hugs with fear, and worry.  You all know those moments?  When you feel like "what now?" We've touched them all.  I am so proud of you B.  You are doing it. 

This little family right here.  We are doing things.  Thankful.

As I rushed home to see my boy and Bucks, I counted each and every blessing.  I just do.  You all know that.  Trust me, look around.  Life is hard, but so good.(especially with Leslie that takes amazing pictures...)

Because when you are part of a unit, it just works.  Any size unit.  You belong together. Through good times, and bad, it works.  Hold on tight. Life is strange at times.  I remember many, many, ohhh so many moments, sitting in a quiet living room, wondering. What next?  What is gonna happen?  Why me?  Why can't I have all the things that seem "the norm"?   Soon, you grow a little older and realize, it's the little things that matter.  Not who has what, or doing what.  You have each other.  Hold on tight.  It's not always the easiest smooth ride.  Oh the many chapters in our family life to write and read.   


Once upon a time, there was this little family.  Just loving the ocean and lake.  Oh. and eachother.  


Glad you all met Tilly.  Thank you for those that support Fatal.  Thank you for the many friends and family that give the praise when needed, the hugs when necessary, and the amazing laughter mixed with cocktails where needed.  Boom.   Happy Tuesday.  

Go play.  Take pictures, because life is hauling a**.    Dontcha think?  


The girl. 



No comments: