Monday, August 13, 2012

Let's celebrate August birthdays....

Saturday morning we woke to very warm temps.  And this shark.  kidding.  a cute dolphin-

I anxiously waited for my fam bam.  We celebrated the names above, with a few not able to attend.  Cake brought to you by Aunt Annette and PORTO'S.  Yum.  

And these little munchkins arrived. 

Boat ride?  Kayaks? I think yes!

Mark and Bill giving some training sessions.  lol

Lisa giving Bill a strawberry refresher.  Delish.  And horsepower for that board.

Let's do this!

Wow.  Lookin' hot buddy. 

Kali in charge as kayak ref. 

Cousins.  Uncle coming in for crash landing.  Its all good.

because we can trust him with grand-babies.  Life is good. 

Older cousin, younger cousin.  Life is really good. 

Ava gettin' some action while Mark comes in for a landing. 

The meaning of "get geared up".  boy you got it. 

what is goin on here?

Aunts paddling little ones. 

How to work an adult for free rides.  Mark loved it.  We loved it even more.

Another mamarazzi. 

Another cute Mom and Daughter Duo.  So glad they joined us.  Those Sicklers, I tell ya. 

Thoughts? might be something like..."it's my turn fellers".

Because coming to the ocean and hanging with family is so so good. 

first time on paddle-board.  Jerrick was flawless. 

LOVE.  Simply put.

Partners in cocktail crime.  Soccer mom's for life.

Love this skipper. so much.

its when you look around and a house is full of family and friends, and you say to yourself..."this is what it's all about".

because the air was warm, the patio was full, the kiddo's were happy....the smiles were in abundance.

this is all i fed them.  kidding.  I did order a large platter of pasta.  and my fam and friends brought super yummy appetizers. 

my theme for the day, which is my new fav color combo.  Teal and yellow.  Or as London say's "lello". 

And Mr. Gianni showed up and got crazy in the H2O with Jordan  Warm water, hot summer nights, ocean air.  Delish.   Jordan certainly thinks so. 

that last of the sillies in the water.  9pm.  Still warm outside.  Music on, family sharing stories, kids sticky and cranky from all day in sun.  we continue to sip our drinks.  haha. jk. 

Our next morning was waiting to eat at Rivers End Cafe. On the sand.  By the water.  They stood here in the shade because putting our name on the list and counting 95 people in front of us just sucked.  Whatev.  People.  Can't you just go on Main?  haha

While those little fellers packed up for Steps beach in Laguna again, and praying they'd find the right place to park. Kali's  mom packed a nice lunch for the ice chest to than be told, "mom we have to carry all of that down 1k steps".  I said, man up girl.  You got it.  Keep thinking about that nice lunch when you sit there all day.  Plus you have 2 studs to help.  Go have fun girl. and shussh.   So...Bill and I made our little appetizer trays for a sunshine ride.  

so she can drink a marg in peace.  Finally quiet.  Just us.  The way we sometimes LOVE it. 

Music, this, us.  Perfect. 

I'm always surprised to see so many families at this little bay side park.  It's kind of like I would roll my nose in the air, and say "oh my gosh, that is so gross, too many people...blah blah blah".  When recently a light went off.  These are families that stick together.  That take their kids to the ocean.  A place that I strongly believe is one of the best places on the planet. It's the sand in your toes, the water on your ankles and knees.  It's the bbq'n and laughter with your kids.  After all, some don't have central air at home, they share domain spaces.  So, shame on me.  I hope they enjoyed their day in the sunshine.  I really do. 

After cleaning up and hinting that I really wanted Captain Jacks.  That plan fell into the works.  But first, one stop at Randy and Carmen's.  Chatted there a bit....and we were off. 

Best crab ever.  Best salad ever.  All so good. 

Warm night, ride back home.  Reminiscing about our great weekend.  It truly was awesome.  It was.  A glimpse of reality when I would remind myself that Monday is not as stressful these next few weeks.  School is still out.  No early lunches to pack.  No huge grocery runs, or dinners to plan.  Just waiting on the kids to get home safely.  And plan and pack for my next gig.  

My son turns 23.  and i promised myself.  THIS IS THE LAST HUGE PARTY.  seriously.   


I hope the weather man is right when he talks "cool down".  because the heat is starting to really suck.  It just is.  I don't know what bothers me more, the heat, or the humidity that is making my hair frizz.  I think the hair.  I mean, come on.  


Cheers to cold beers.

No comments: