Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bub, what state are you in now?

The house is too quiet.  Bucks isn't here for us to cuddle and laugh with.  Kris isn't here to keep me on my toes with silly antics and laughter.  While at Kali's game yesterday morning, I received a text from Kris.  "Mom, we made it.  The bus is SICK, and these people are super nice".  Followed with.  "They let us shower, hang out and made us steak".   That's just  hospitality in Iowa.  People from the Midwest.  You know those people that believe in kindness to a fellow citizen?  Those fellers.  Kind to my son?  You will forever be a saint in my eyes.  Forever.

From Iowa, they've gone through Oklahoma overnight.....as  I type, he's traveling through Texas, y'all.  With this dude.  Who has been thee best road dog anyone can ask for.  Sleeps, eats...and well.....sleeps some more.  And has tons of pictures taken of him. At every beautiful stop Kris can find.  And NO he's not crossed eyed. HA!

And than we come upon "Tex".  Of course, only this boy would find a random turtle wandering the highway..somewhere in Texas.  Tried to stash in the bus, only to be told by Uncle Wayne..."nope".  Leave him right where you found em Bub.   And so, with fretful hands, and parting wishing ways, he did.  And...I know...He. Did. Not. Like. That.   Since Kris was little, he'd bring anything and everything home for us me to "take care of".  Thanks Tex, for the smiles.   You are better off in Texas feller.  So far, they've traveled almost 2k miles...8 states, and lots and lots of beautiful stops, things and people.  This Mama cannot wait to cuddle up with a cup o' joe on his bed to hear it and see it all. 


Meanwhile, our weekend has consisted of Soccer. With this girl. All day long.  2 games yesterday that were rough, and sucked, because we got spanked.  New girls added to our team, means a recipe for disaster learning new techniques.  The great part? I hang with friends, while enjoying sunshine and open fields. I do love it. I LOVE to watch Kali kick butt out there.  I LOVE IT.  I will miss it someday.  So I grasp it.  The not so good part?  When your daughter gets in the car with such frustration (which I totally understand, when you're out there busting your a**, and a new sweet pea has no idea what to do next, loses the ball, and it all goes to shiz)  And we drive all the way home, with ear plugs and music singing into her ear, vs. talking about "what a great game" it was.  So.  This makes it hard.  I play my classical music, and lightly tap her knee with a smile...She knows.  She does.  We play again in just a little bit.  New day.  New Sunshine.  New moments.  And with my early morning walk and prayer, I will see things differently.   I hope everyone enjoys this Sunday.  I can't wait for my kiddo's to all be under one little roof again.  I can't wait to see Bucksie boy.  That dog.  Let me tell you, that dog.  Is my little partner.  No but seriously.    

 

uh oh.  Just got paged into her room, someone forgot to wash her stuff last night.  Chapter 16.  Interesting how you know it all, but forget so much. Oh.  Forgot to tell ya'll, this mama doesn't do her laundry anymore.  Dang it.  BUT she does let her drive her car.  hmmmm.  Big girl moments.  I know, roll your eyes, I should of reminded her....I know.  I am so sorry, I was so exhausted and tired I forgot too.  ugh.   

 

Time for my instawash scruba-dub-dub time.  I got this. 


GO BEACH! GO KMS!


Love,

Handwasher Mom.  Boom.  Go.


No comments: