Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Isn't that the truth.

Whew.  I woke up feeling like a million bucks today.  I seriously slept like a champ.  And that alone moves mountains.  I am serious.  Between exhaustion, schedules, and so much going on in August, I was tilting in a very raw negative area.  Which, this chick doesn't like. I don't like to feel angry.  I certainly don't like to hold anger and mean spirits in my body.  I just don't.  I've held on to many things for many years, therefore, these days I am more prone to sort, discuss, decide and move on.  That's just me.  Sorry if I offended any of you regarding my Chapter 16 moment with Miss. K.  It's just those moments that are so enlightening.  And if you have a teen, or will have a teen, trust me, these moments DO come.  They are real.  They do suck.  But it's what makes life, LIFE. It's what makes families a family.  It's the reminder of what path will work, and being reminded by your parents along the way.  


So.  I hope you all love me still.  I hope you still love K still.  I certainly do.  She's a great kid. She really is a super girl.  Always has been.  I am more protective with her in certain areas.  I just am.  I don't like this new theme of "sticking a tongue out" while getting pic's snapped. I really don't get it.  Maybe it's the forty coming out of me.  But isn't just as admirable to look at a smile?  I mean seriously they work so hard on bodies, hair, outfits, makeup.  To stick tongues out?  


So thank you.  For listenining.  And not judging.  boom.

 

This morning while I sat beside her as we drove to school for volunteer work hours, I had these little epiphanies flood me.  Her body drives next to me.  She's taller than me.  She is so pretty with her pony-tail and favorite shorts and shirts with cute earrings.  She's getting it all together.  It's crazy.  She drives better and better each day.  These things are all happening very fast.   I was told she would work until noon, and head out shopping with Tori.  Purse and wallet in tow.  She is handling things.  Things are being handled.  Things are moving fast. It's like the first phase of their life is so different, slower pace.  Weaning from nursing, and diapers...Toddler-hood, preschool, moving forward through all the little grades.   To land in Junior year.  So close to driving off without Mom.  Holding her purse as she exited, walking away.  A little woman.  A little Kali to me.  Things are moving fast. 


Bill if and when you read this, I miss you. I seriously miss you.  Can't wait for you to come home.  I know it's only a day more.  But still.   And I love you way past the moon. 


Happy Tuesday fellers.  


Bill, if and when you read this, I miss you.  I seriously miss you.  And I love you way past the moon. 


Love,

The girl who is on day 5 of bun hair do.  Come on Mother Earth, we'll take some high 70's...Pretty please? 

No comments: