Friday, August 24, 2012

Please don't leave us SUMMER.....

The Long Beach Yacht Club is the best place for a mid-week cocktail, sunset, food, and friend chat.  It just is.  So I snuck away.  Funny how things work, your kids grow, they need you less.  Friends need you more.   It's really a good thing.  Trust me.  I am embracing it.  Because in the end, sometimes friends are the backbone in life. 

And so as I sat here with this view.  Racers in.  First sailboat arrived.  Warm August night.  On the water. 

All racers in.  The night so warm and cozy you don't want it to end.  It's just that good.  As hot as it's been, and cooling a little now....I don't really want summer to end.  Just quite yet.  I don't.  School is seriously creeping up way too fast.  Early mornings, breakfast for Kali.  Dashing to the car to start reality of the day. It will all happen way too fast.  I am looking forward to Fall.  For some reason I am.  It's the way the sun glistens on the water by the beach.  The way the trees shine, and leaves fall. I am ready.   But I will miss Summer.  I really will.  Happy Friday peeps.  Enjoy the weekend.  We have soccer All.  Weekend. Long.  I can't wait.  I've missed watching her play.  I miss sitting in my chair eating seeds, leaning to one side or the other as she snags up the ball to kick some grass!  Go play, players, and have fun, lots of fun while you do.  Play fair.  Boom.  Welcome Mr. Friday.  Welcome. 



No comments: