Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Peaceful good weekends, lead us to this?

Friday night was a simple good night.
It consisted of dinner with my sister and all my birdies.

It also consisted of a cold beer and wings.  My favorite kind of grub.  Especially on a Friday.
We all know how much I love Fridays, right?
Bill was here waiting for this crowd.  Chaparral Swapmeet.  Late nights, early morning.  Fatal killin' it!




After spending Friday night with my little fam bam, my sis and I planned a paddleboard, kayak kind of Saturday.  Well, we were straightened out from that groove real quick when two red flags shined brightly in the sky.  It was a beautiful day on the sand though.  And so we snapped shots, and sent them to our parents.  Reminding our Dad of that same spot. Together.  All of us.  Years ago.

And while we played in the sand, and on the water finally...these two birdies ventured over to his family gathering.  A Quinceanera for a cousin. 

 Our Sunday morning would consist of some good soccer.
The good kind of soccer where your daughter scores a kick ass goal.  We also kicked more ass with a shut out. 

 The best kind of soccer if you ask us.
 It was a rough physical game. 
But we held our own.  Injuries and all.   (I love this shot of Bill watching....these last couple months left of her soccer career.  crazy)
When you play dirty because you are losing, it's obvious where the strength truly is.  #sorelosers
But no worries, because soon we'd convince Chapter Seventeen girl to head back to the swapmeet. 
Anytime we mention Frutas, with chile, that girl is on it. 
Especially with an array of mexican candies.  Her go to fav's.  Can we say chemical overload? yuck.
At the Cypress swapmeet I found a few hidden treasures.  I will post more on that later.  Once I finish the project.  Let's just say that swapmeet has all the old findings like the swapmeets used to be.  Thank you Kali for being the trooper with us.  Tis' quite the fun afternoon. 
Soon, we'd be back on the dock, for some calm waters, and good rides.  With this dude. And this pretty girl.
It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  
That's for sure. 
Because when your buddy paddles you around like a gondola ride so you can fish.... I mean...come on.  So bromance like.  Awww.    HA!
We bbq'd turkey burgers, and sat around chuckling til night fall, can't you tell by Kali's happy face...? ha!
Monday's reminder kept tapping us on our shoulders.


Ok....who's ready to get creeped out?  Raise that big ol' hand of yours.

Ready.

Set.

Go.


Monday morning Kali and I head out.  6:45, we're off.

7am I get a call from Kali.

Goes like this.

Ring...ring....

Kali: Mom, I'm FREAKING OUT! 

Me:  Why honey what's up?!

Kali:  Mom....OMG, come here, I am so freaked out!

Me:  Calm down, what is going on!! ARE YOU OK?!  Kali!

Kali:  Mom, I took a bite of my breakfast wrap, and took a sip of my drink..(looks like the one pictured below, filled with Trader Joe's Banana Strawberry Organic juice-our fav)
And all of the sudden I think I sipped in grass, and I spit it out, and it's a huge spider, and I'M FREAKING OUT- (proceeds to start balling...then screaming...then crying..)

Me: Kali....calm down...stop crying. You're fine.  Just breathe.  Where's the spider....

Kali: I spit it out MOM IT'S IN MY CAR!  Mom, it's in my car...MOM OMG THERE IT IS...phone drops, while she tosses everything out of car, and continues to scream.

Me:  Kali, you will be fine, (at this point, I have that sick laugh I get...)

Kali: Crying...Mom, please come here, I can't look around my car, I am freaking out.  Mom!!!! I think it bit me...

Me: Are you serious?  Kali are you serious?!

Kali: YES!  My tongue hurts....it seriously hurts!  OMG Mom, come here...I am so scared!

Me: Dad is closer, let me call him.  Kali I am so sorry...calm down....did it really bite you?

Kali:  Yes MOM MY TONGUE IS SWELLING AND THROBBING!

Me:  Omg.  Let me call Dad.

Me:  I'm on my way.

Kali:  Ok..where do I stay, can I just drive home?

Me: Let me call Dad.

I call Bill, whom calls Kali, and proceeds to talk her through it.  While I grab my stuff and head to her.

Soon, we'd both land at home.  And head to Urgent Care.  Where trying to explain to 2 different ghetto, dry ass rude girls what is going on.
No worries, after 2 trips to 2 different locations, we'd land in her actual doctors office.  Where they checked her.  And gave her the clearance to just chill out, relax, and hand her a school doctors note. 
There is a bite mark on her tongue.
After getting home, we'd notice the cap of the bottle (note: area in the cap, where that straw thing is next to...was filled with a web.  A web where that dude lived.)

We have a cupboard, and basket filled with these drink things people.  In sports, you tend to "collect" all sizes and colors....- We always rinse the container out just because, but now.....we will always check and clear the straw and cap part.

Are you grossed out?



They are called kitchen spiders.  They do exist, and they do build serious nests right now during the fall months. They build at night, outside under the trees, and they build inside in drink containers, and shoes.
This is your fair warning.
Our Monday flipped upside down, and later last night we chuckled about it. At this point, laughter is the best medicine.  Kali did mention that she is the one with all odd injuries, and crazy illnesses.

I filled her lunch with a love note this morning, and after attempting to draw a spider, I quickly threw it in the trash. boom


Too early to creep her out right now.

Kali and spiders are quite the scene as it is.   Trust me on that.
The girl loses her mind.

Is this just the craziest thing to happen to her?   Poor sweet girl.


So...I will leave you with these sweet babies.

Happy Fall, and good wishes to you for an awesome week. 

Each minute, and each moment brings us closer to Friday.


And we all know how great that day is.


Work hard worker bee's.

Keep that wheel spinning.

Smile while you do.

Or cry.  Whatever feels better.


Just make sure to go home and wash ALL the drink lids and containers in your house.

Got it?

For anyone that knows Kali's number...send her a text of goodness graciousness.


boom-

This Mama Spider Hunter.

No comments: