Thursday, October 31, 2013

Passing pictures.

I can't believe I am spouting the words eighteen in reference to my niece.  But this week marks the big, one-eight.  So while we prep and go through really old pictures, my heart has melted like 10 times, and maybe even another ten times more.  It's not until I go through old pictures from when my son was five. Or our babies were in their first Halloween costumes.  The many weekends they played in the backyard in that same ol' plastic car, and fought and cried.  The many bows that Tori would remove from Kali's hair.  I sat in complete silence just realizing the fast weeks and months turned into years.  Way too fast.  Part of me was sad, not in a bad way, more of little regrets...of things I would have wished a little different.  Yet another part of me realized that as this life moves forward, more memories and good times have been shared.  That this life is precious, and the time will move on with or without us.

Back when plaid ruled the world.  Trevor and Kris.

So many more great pictures were passed back and forth.  Many memories and chuckles were shared.  The ones that always get me, are my babies.  

More on pictures and Miss. Chapter 18 girl, after this weekend.  

Heyo...moving on.  The remaining moments of our waking hours are spent at the computer, on 2 different websites at all times walking through the process of.......dun....dun....dun......

College Applications.  Those two words have never been so stressful. 
Essays offer even more jitters.  
I am confident that life will be okay after all of this.  It will. Wherever she ends up.  Wherever this life is meant for her to land.
A fair warning to you peeps with little ones, junior high school ones, high school ones....

Be ready.  Be real ready.  Because this shit gets real, like super fast. 

And most of the time her face looks like this. 

Hahaha!!!!

On a serious note, it is game on. 
And we are ready.   Are you?

Happy Halloween guys!


Remember to drive careful tonight....youngin' and teens are out in full force tonight with candy on the brain.  Not fast cars, and knucklehead drivers.


For those that get the chance to capture sweet goodness at your door step....enjoy.
It's my favorite time of the year...


Excuse me while I hop on my broom..........zooooooom


This Mama Lisa.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

That picture of Trev and Kris!Haha!