Thursday, October 10, 2013

Old pictures melt me.

I mean, we all say time flies. We all say that we should take the moment to capture the minutes.
And deep down, we try. 
 Or at least we think we are. 
But it's not until we look back.  Through those files.  Those many folders that contain dates.  Moments. 
Of time that we can not stop.  
It seems like yesterday I had two kids in school, and one as a Freshman.  That seemed like yesterday.
Inspired by sports, friendships, involvement.  It all creates memories.  And moments.
And now all I can do is look back.


And smile.  Big, big smiles. 
Of what was.  And how beautiful so many of these memories are.

And will be.


I recently woke up one morning, and had a real wake up call.
One that made me fear dying.
I know it sounds morbid, and harsh.
It's true, I laid there scared.
Not afraid of death.
Not afraid of what legacy I leave behind.
Or where I will end up. 
But of missing things.
Missing the milestones of things.
Most importantly my kids.  
This life.
That I tend to hurry through.
Trying to make it one day through to the next.

These pictures are a constant reminder for me to slow down.

Every little thing will be alright.

Hard work will pay.

Staying true always pays.

Being a good person will pay.

Capturing it all on digital sure pays.

Happy Day to you, memory catchers-

Enjoy the cooler weather, and maybe just maybe we can slowly start sorting our sweaters to the front?
Wow tongue twister.






Leese





No comments: