Monday, April 1, 2013

In those moments.

My weekend started with a hike....and lunch with my sister up at Terranea Resort.  I can't boast enough for this place.  Amazing views.  Beautiful plush grounds.  Expensive nice restaurants....and the greatest of greatest trails.  Right.  Down. To the water.   It was very cold, and windy....but we did make the best of our day....



Packed lunch, sweet treats, good wine?  Fahgettaboutit.



Better stay on the trails...or else.

It's kind of like a little secret tucked up in PV.  This resort is 5 stars, plus.  Everything beautiful.  Everything top notch. 
But the secret is the little trails that lead you down to the water side.  The view from the top is wowza. 

Sister.....

It was the perfect day for us to talk, laugh, walk, eat, walk some more.....and get caught up.  

It was in deed a perfect day....

That evening these two lovebirds went to dinner in the company of Gio's new truck. It's a sexy beast, I'd say.  When you are a 4.0 Scholar Athlete, it's meaningful and deserved.  Congrats Gio! Now he just needs a lid!
Look what the Easter Bunny brought me?  From my fav florist.  Deyvnn's Garden Sunset Beach.  The quality cannot be altered.  ALWAYS Perfect.  I love you Bill. 

We'd soon pack our car with all things fun for our family Easter picnic.  Fun times and lots of laughter....thanks to games that included water balloon toss, sack races, musical chairs and a pinata.  The food is always epic. Here's a photo over load....just so you'd get the picture...Enjoy...
All of the women in our family have that gift.  That gift of organizing and planning to the T. 


Our babies still dye eggs together.  Swoon.

Oh Hi.....

Cute story behind this cake.  My friend.  Remember the one that brought me that little slice of heaven a few months ago?  Yea her?  She asked if I wanted some cup cakes.  Well if you'd make a cake it would be enjoyed by family and friends this weekend.  And so, let me introduce you to this beautiful ORGANIC Carrot cake.  Erica, this kind of love is what makes this big wild world go round.  I truly believe you are a baker.  Go get after that.  Trust me.

Somebody else brought these rice crispy treats that were little cut out bunnies.  They kept landing in my hands.  Strange.

Family.

The best cook.  And bbq'r.  There you see Shrimp Kabobs, Carne Asada, bbq'd corn and Chicken Breasts.  Delish.  Mark, you rocked that grill dude.  Thank you, thank you!

And where else do you fill up water balloons for our toss?  in the bathroom.  ewww. hahha. Nice bathrooms soon dirty with our mess.  Sorry park fellers. 

This toss is always a crack up.  No matter what method you hold, it's eventually gonna go....





POP!!


Family cheers!

Cousins.

First and second generation of cousins. Jio and Adam





Onto musical chairs.  We play this every year.  For my Aunt Lynda.  It's HER Fav game. 

And when it gets down to this? Awkward. 

Here comes the silly time.

some hit it.  and some poke it.

Or give him kisses.

And then this chick steps up to the plate....and boom.

This happened.

Time for sack races. 

When the parents end up being almost tackled by the kids. haha.

And the little ones are encouraged and taught by the big ones.

Come on little one, you can do it.....We must finish.

Easter Bunny-ette.



Beauties.

And soon, sleepy...

When all of the sudden out of no-where, my cousin rolls in with this dude. 

And with this hat, you gotta just move out of the way...
so he can clean up this.  HA!

And that's a wrap. 

Do any of you feel like this today?  For some reason I do.  I don't know why.  My day didn't consist of anything big and fancy yesterday.  Aside from making another round of Fresh Salsa for Gaylord, I did nothing.  (Best part of my deliverance?  He said "this was the most amazing thing, that just happened". Salsa.....Swoon..)  So after we made his day.....we moved on to....Laundry. And pretty much nothing. But this morning?  No breakfast to make for anyone.  No lunch to pack.  Aside from being out of sugar for my COFFEE, everything was great.  But I truly feel like this.

Another day.  Another dollar.

While my sweets Kali and Gio explore the beach on bikes today.  This mama will do her thing.  Keep spinning the work wheel. Dreaming of my comfy bed.  A good dinner.

Super stoked for the family I have.  For my Aunt Susie for pulling off another awesome picnic.
Evelyn for all her organizing, shopping and scouting for the PERFECT park. To my Aunt Lynda for her game planning.  Mark, you rock for bbq'n.
For the new friends we met.  The little sweet peas in our family that keep the smiles in full bloom.

For friends that make me cakes. 

Hope your Easter brought good memories.  Wishing you a sunshiny week.  The warm weather is poking us on our shoulders.  Let's embrace it.

Plan a good meal, maybe outdoors.  The kids love it.


Or clean out a closet or drawer at home, like I need to.  ugh.  Double ugh.

Cheers!  And double cheers to you fellow Spring Break lucky fellers that are off work, and school.

boom.  Go Play!

Tired Easter Bunny.

No comments: