Friday, March 29, 2013

Thorns.

As a child that didn't grow up around religion, I find myself searching and wondering about "The Spiritual" side of this life.  I have expressed my thought on this subject many times before.  I have my own beliefs.  I do believe that I have witnessed miracles many times.  Sometimes big, and sometimes very small.  I have.
I have been through things in this life that maybe a 10 year old should NOT have had to go through.  And I have hiked through high school years in ways that no high school girl should have to.  But it made me Lisa.  It made me a good partner.  A good Mom. And a good person.  When people approach me about "attending" church, I tend to back up and make excuses.   Only because I worship in my own way.  Sometimes I pray while watering.  Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night with problems that seem so petty the next day.  But prayer gets me through.  I used to pray in the shower, and cry.  I would step out a whole new girl/mom.  My kids didn't see me shed that tear, but I based that strength to keep carrying on with prayer.
It's a deep subject.  However, there are times that I find myself more amazed with all the love that I have received.  From somewhere.  Is it from Jesus Christ and His sacrifice?  I can say there are a few bible versus that I have truly felt inspired with.

1 Corinthians 13


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
I know this verse is long and uses words like "tongue" and "prophecies" -  but the real meaning is so deep.  So interesting.  And so real life to me.

Jesus Christ was a handsome man.  His gospel has spread greatness all over our world.  And for that I am grateful.   Good Friday marks the day that he suffered on the cross.  Wow.
Moving on to sweet precious and kind things.  Filled with love.
Do you see it?  Gio left this dusty note on Kali's car.  It is in fact the little things. This boy.

While Bill and I were in Cabo, we met 2 sweet girls.  One named......"Lisa"...and the other as Bill called her "Windy Cindy"-(However her name is Britt) They are from Chicago.  Fun, amazingly sweet girls.  We shared many laughs.   Oh so many laughs.  Which in return created a friendship from afar.  We do plan to visit their fun city.  And through a course of a couple of emails, I received this today-
Our silly night out with these girls consisted of good wine, (which I dedicated to my friend Carmen) and many "Woop-Woops" in the restaurant from Bill.  With my ever so gentle poke to his side..."hun, keep it down".  Our night would roll on like this....and it was a blast.  Lisa and Britt, if you read this, let's do it again.
We can't wait to visit your windy city.  And prove to your dude Dan, that we are in fact new silly friends from the beach in CA.

It's time to exhale in our house.  Our week was filled with all things school for Kali.  Late nights of academics, projects...3 to be exact, and her application to run for ASB Historian next year.  The interview process has begun.  Interesting that she chose a "field" that requires documenting their Senior year.  Hmmm. Do you think her Mom will be a tad bit involved?  She is running against many different talented great girls too.  2 of which are good friends.  She was worried, and a bit taken back...but I said..."Kali, what do you have to lose"?  If you never shoot up to the stars, you'll never know.  Do it.  The outcome will be there either way.  Just do it.  And so she is.   Each night she laid her head down at close to 11.   This week also included her moods that at times were quite unbearable.  Not to mention she isn't speaking to her brother.
Oh, man.  Chapter 16.  The world can be so fierce.  Yet the world can be so good.
I won't step in the middle this time.  They both have valid frustrations.  It will pass.

Maybe say a little prayer for these fellers.  I will too.
Go and enjoy this Good Friday.   This weekend will be filled with little cousins, I can't wait.  A new park to explore with family.  Good food.  Lots of laughter.

P.S.  Whatever you do, please do not buy or promote buying a real bunny for anyone.  Unless they live on a farm.  

Happy Easter my friends.





Don't forget to look for that golden egg. Or hide it.  Whichever is your job.  Just don't lay one. HA!
Enjoy all the moments with family.  Remember to share good laughs, and big hugs with those you love.  
May PEACE with you...



Happy Sweet Day to you.  Exhale people.  Let the little things go.  I have a couple of friends that are going through C.R.A.P. right now.  You are in my thoughts.  Be strong.  One foot in front of the other.  You can do it.  There's no other way.  



Go get after it.  


Your Easter Bunny Friend,

Lisa


 


No comments: