Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Little icing.

To start my lovely shark week, a few things took place.

I had to tell Chapter Sixteen girl NO.  To this place.
That would be Yosemite.  I've met her "friend" once.  I've met the parents of said "friend" never.  So the answer was pretty quick, and pretty....well, straight out. No.  And followed with, I'm sorry Kali we don't know the parents, and I know they are probably really super nice, but not this time.  She handled it well.  And the guilt passed through me for like ten seconds.  And we moved on.

To this next request....
It all looks and sounds good, right?


Where ALL HER GOOD BESTIES ARE! (which interprets to...like 10 friends....good and some...well, more that we don't really know so good..)  And.....words from Chapter Sixteen Girl...."Seriously Mom, like what is wrong with San Diego!?!"......
My response..."Not this year Kali...sorry"    not sorry.

After brushing that off, and buying myself yet, another year.....


Monday morning rolls around and....off to work I go....
When I arrive back home, it was time to prepare her departure for "practice".  After reading a mandatory practice request because of "State Cup" staring at us within 2 weeks.  And being the super stud she is, she decided, you know this is best.  And in my dear worry heart, I think...yea, practice is good.  This is best.

Because nothing beats spending your Spring over-rated Break then at practice, right?

And then I feel the sad guilt over floweth on my kind heart.  This morning I say, let's go shop for your bedroom furniture.  You've earned it.  Let's do this....

Tried to snap a shot of those beauties, but couldn't.  Those will follow.  She's deserved it.  It's time. Her baby stuff (that has little hand painted roses in each corner..ha) has seen it's best days, and most usual some bad days with clothes that can't seem to stay in the little drawers. It's weird.
That was our morning...before she trotted off into the cloudy day for a hike with Gio, Mac, and other buddies.
I mean, they were cruising in style in Gio's new beauty of a truck, to the beachside hike they yearned for.  And then lunch.

And so as I type yet another bleek pitiful blogpost, you'll see where parenting, springbreak, shark week, guilt and all the other grumbles that wrestle our souls can happen.

I usually take spring break days off with her, but this year I am completely riddled with selfishness and will celebrate a birthday on an island.  And so, I've had to hold my days for something called work.  To pay for her lifestyle, and "things" we all need.  She is a good girl.  They will make the best of these days.  I pray for her safety.  I pray that she continues to make good choices.  That these days hiking, and having lunch, and earning new things are in fact a little slice of meaning to her "Spring Break" and that she still loves me at the end.

Now I'm off to search for Chinese food, and maybe some chocolate chip cookies.

And be nice to me, or else.

Oh. And add me in your nightly or daily prayers. I need em.  Like bad.

Be kind to animals.

Tell the one you love something kind.  Anything. Something.  Find it, say it.

Cheers?

No, boom.

Leese


Mother of the Spring Break 2013 Award Recipient. 

No comments: