Friday, April 26, 2013

Simple sweet lessons from my daughter.

I am still out of it.  -weirdo-

I really can't explain the many emotions and feelings that come from a trip.  Maybe it's duration?  Maybe it's jet lag? Maybe I'm a sissy? 

To me it was a long time.  Well, to me it was a gooooood long time.

Yesterday afternoon I sat down to load the many pictures.  And while uploading, it's only natural to crack up at "The Ones".   You know the ones that are almost freakish.  Well, to me they were.  Like some that eyes are closed.  Or my nose looks super huge.  Or my hair that was in a bun for it's 8th day.
Or that bathing suit that was so "Grammie-ish".  Or....I can go on and on.  Like we all can.  Well maybe not the perfect people out there.  But for me?  I found myself cracking up out loud, and groaning...with complaints. 

As my sweet daughter was sitting next to me on the floor putting together her pictures for her "slide show" for Prom Princess stuff, she quietly said, "Mom, come watch this video....no, seriously Mom, come watch this"....and...."You HAVE to watch the whole thing..."   And so I did.

I ask you to watch this too.  A little enlightening to me.  Maybe it's the reason this girl is my girl.  Preaching to her about life's little moments, and appreciating who we are.  Like maybe, just maybe some others view us.

Beauty Sketches...

Don't get much of it the first time?  Watch again.  I beg you.  Listen.
It was an interesting moment for me.  From daughter to Mommy. This is true.  I hope you get something out of it.  Very true way of looking at this life.  Right?  We all have something in us that someone else admires.  Or notices.  Or believes in.  It's in us.  Be our authentic self.  Even if we didn't get the emotional support as children, as women and men..

Do you think you are more beautiful than you say?  Wouldn't life be better if we didn't spend so much time trying to fix the things we don't like, and maybe just appreciate the things we do like about us. 

Life is hard.  Sometimes we tend to be hard.  Because life was hard to us.  Maybe some of us. 

My daughter was nominated for Prom Princess this year.  It's truly amazing to me.  I think she deserves it. I think both of them deserve it.
Today, just today, she was also nominated for the honors of Junior Student for the Graduating Class- Which is an honor as well.

It's these moments that I realize that my work in her does pay off.  I believe that my kind, understanding and very patient ways with her have paid off. That little moments of accomplishments and achievements over ride the tougher Chapter Sixteen, very soon Seventeen days.

I am proud.  Of both K and K.

These are the days.

I received this text on my birthday.  They surprise the candidates in class.  So cute.
When hugs were long and precious.


This silly one always cracks me up.

I received this, a couple days later.

These two.  Gio is the sweetest of sweetest boyfriends.  Love him.  Like alot.


And the sweet simple lessons from my daughter.


Kris is at Desert Storm this weekend in Havasu.  It's a poker run we do every year.  Except for this one.

I hope those little birdies are enjoying themselves.  I pray for their safety and lots of warm sunshine.

P.S. Now go listen to that sketch story, one. more. time.


Stay beautiful you kids, because you are.  No matter what road you traveled. You are.

I promise to post something, anything...everything, maybe about Maui over the weekend.

I am yearning for a sweet cup o' joe, some clouds in the morning, while my Norah Jones plays in my ear.
So I can share that slice of life in Maui.

With lots of love from,

The Hula Girl.

Get out and enjoy the sunshine kids.  And smile. Even if you don't feel like it. Try it.  It feels better.


1 comment:

Mindi said...

That video was amazing. Had to share it too! Congrats to Kali...you're right. She is such a sweet and deserving girl.