Friday, April 5, 2013

On closing little books.

For some reason, Facebook started to bother me.  It wasn't the sweet pictures of new babies, or Senior portraits of some very beautiful family members. It wasn't seeing some beautiful destination spot where a friend landed.  That deserved it.  That worked for it.  Or the beautiful home that someone built and worked for.  It wasn't for the kind and very funny quotes I would read, because for those that know me, and understand me, I get that.  And love it.
It wasn't the anticipated weddings I'd love to catch on there eventually of kids that years ago I cradled, and braided their hair.  I will miss that.  I will miss cute little pictures of cousins, and little cousins.  I will miss the happiness on those faces out in Vegas partying up a storm, because they deserved every. single. second of it. What started to happen was I would read comments, and see frustrated individuals that continued their bantering ways about their "woe is me life".  And after a while, it gets old.  It simply does. Facebook isn't a place to lay out your problems for the community of friends to counsel.  It just isn't. It also isn't an arena that will change laws, rights, and views.  It just twists things more.  And for those that do not work, but post about their "fun" at the expense of US Tax Payers?  Yuck.  Seriously, shake my head yuck.   I've seen people get very hurt by FB.  I've had friend requests from friends that I couldn't care to speak to now, or then when I knew them in HS.  So let them "creep" in my life now?  no thanks. 
Does this sound ruthless?  You bet.  Do I really care?  Not really. 

I will miss peeking on there when I was bored, and lonely...trying to catch some funny happiness. 


I hope no one takes my decision as a negative tone.  I sincerely do need to plant more flowers, water my lawn more.  Organize closets, and drawers.  Make more home made greeting cards, and enjoy life in front of me. Maybe, just maybe, a little more PRESENT.

Can I get a woop woop to Friday? Finally Friday.  Let me keep painting, decorating, and wearing my patience hat right on the top of my head. 

Cheers to cold beers!  Well, not for this girl.  But maybe you.  Go do it.
Just don't drink and drive. 


Bye-Bye Facebook, you were fun while it lasted. 

L

1 comment:

Mindi said...

That is so funny...I literally spent an hour yesterday deleting about 50 "friends," changing my photo album privacy, and trying to decide whther or not to just close it all together. I have been feeling the same way lately. Plus it's a HUGE waste of time. It is nice to plan classroom and school events, as well as PTA and sports team stuff. Hard decision!