Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Round em up....and sprinkle it all over...

Last weekend, and this week is a full one for me.  It just is.  And after jumping the virus hurdles in my house, and I believe dodging a bullet myself, I was a bit tired and overwhelmed yesterday to say the least.   K had her driving test very early yesterday morning.  Drivers license in hand.  We headed to her school, and Mama headed to work.  As my day progressed with all things "prep to take a little vacay"....I sort through emails, mail, banking, numbers...you know..all things to secure some time off. 



I received an email from a friend.  This email soaked into my soul like a sponge would water.  It read things like "Leese, you mean so much to our family, with your words, and kindness".  It said some Thanks, and kind words. My blog. That little slice of my world means something to them.  And others.. Those words that never leave me.  Remember, I am here to spread kindness.  It's my religion.  It just is.  As hard as some days land in front of me, I try.  And I smile.  When I can.  At those I feel need it.  Keep in mind, life is hard.  I do get it.  And keep it real.


And from not having the easiest, perfect upbringing, it hasn't come easy.  Although my Mom says I was the happiest baby.  With smiles from the moment I awoke, until I finally tired out...probably from talking...ha.  I have always felt the need to share kind things for, and with people. Yes, I have been burned.  Yes, I have been hurt more then most of you know.  Yes, I have been violated more then most of you know.  Maybe someday I will share some pretty deep crazy things.  So, yes they exist. My thoughts for you today, are when those moments collapse deep inside of you, and you feel like you can't go on anymore, just try.  If you are in a spot that is so bad, and you feel like there is an option.  Then move towards that option.  Make a change if it will help you. YOU are stronger then you know.....trust me. you are.


And so I pull into my parking spot at home last night, and I see this balloon.  With "Congrats" on it.  Only assuming it's for our girl, I smile.  I try to guess the writing, but can't.  I notice a "Guardian Angel Key Ring"...And so I smile, and open my mailbox to get my mail, and tuck away inside.  Alone.  I see another card.  It's addressed to me.  From Mitchell. Mac's Bro.  It was a card stuffed with a Starbucks gift card, and a note that I will keep forever.  He was thanking me for bringing him 2 little keys for his lid.  But it wasn't the material in this. It was the note.  It was a note that made me just stand there in awe.  An 18 year boy, took the time to write a note, drive to my house.  Leave it.  All for 2 little keys.  It was just a note.  oh. and starbucks. duh. lol. 


Shortly after I put the card down, B calls me.  B doesn't call me during the middle of his busy day unless it's something work related, or soccer game, etc.  I answer, his words "Did I tell you how beautiful you are?"   I start to say thank you, and instantly melt into tears.  Tears and words I could barely get out.  He's like "hun, what's wrong?"  I proceeded to share 3 amazing things that just happened in my life within a couple of hours.  Simple things that I adore more than big fancy things.  Simple acts of kindness. Notes.  Surprises for my girl.  Seriously, you guys, this stuff made me weep.  Not from sadness.  By no means was I sad.  I was extremely blessed, and filled with a feeling that I work so hard to reap.  Spreading kindness, and love to others, does come back around.  It does.  Those few acts of kindness yesterday helped water the seeds I so often spread.  Try it.  Give a little, and smile while you do.  It does come back.  Kindness matters.  Don't forget the helpless in this world too.  Elderly and animals.  Love them more.  Be patient.  And be true.   I will be out of blogging land for a few days.  I have a quite the planning, and busy schedule...starting like right. now.  boom.  Happy Thanksgiving little Gobble heads.  When you sit at that table enjoying that meal, remember someone, somewhere contributed in a way just so you can.  Cheers Kind Fellers.  Cheers! sip...sip...sip...away....


No comments: