Friday, November 9, 2012

And so the germ season starts. Yuck.

This week has been full of sick employees. Each day. I grieve.  Sad to say, not for them, or their poor ailing bodies.  But for me. And my home. And my family.  Sounds rude.  Sorry.  But it's going around.  And when I say going around, it's the flipping stomach flu.  And so.....the lady above?  It actually made me laugh, because if you'd see K's room on any given daytime moment, it's a jungle.  Of clothes.  Of books, and bags.  It just is.  And same with the couch.  Full of stuff. Book bags, soccer bags, and usually maybe a load of laundry she did, but just needed a couple things out of it and so the rest sits.  And you all remember, I don't do her laundry.  So.  And you all know I am perfect right? HA!  This week my living room was full of soccer bags for our entire Varsity soccer team, along with two boxes of shirts, that I put together with ribbons...so then you have the craft bins in the mix.  But all be darn' if someone called to pick up, or drop off, or just swing in? I'd have that shiz out and picked up in record time. 


And BOOM. Yesterday Kris started to come down with it.  Not the tummy flu. But the body ache, kick your azz flu.  Curled up in bed.  Fever.  Aches. Sick.  And so, our house is clean. And full of bleach.  I cleaned like a mad lady so I could hit every surface with Lysol and Clorox bleach. My hands will suffer because I wash them too often with bleach mixed in my soap. Same with K. She is a germaphobe right along with her Mama.  We have doused our bodies full of EmergenC.  And vitamins every. single. day.  lots of water too. 


For those that know me, I am a freak at pot lucks and assembly lines of food. It. Grosses. Me. Out.  Those darn tongs.  Those darn bowls of food. Not to mention they are serving on plastic plates and plastic cups.   Where it gets weird?  I ask for paper "to go" dishes if they have.  And will pay the difference.  So this flu thing is FREAKING ME OUT!  It's going around the school. The soccer team has suffered a couple of sickies, my office, my home. I do not take flu shots, due to my feelings about pharmaceutical companies and western meds.  So I might suffer.  My poor son is suffering. This stuff sucks.  Wash your hands people, and keep your hands away from your mouth and eyes...trust me.  It's out there. And it will bite you hard.  Take this as a warning.  From your friend.  You heard it straight from this chicken head.  Hey, Happy Friday.  I am blogging this early to land at your eyes on Friday.  Guess where I am headed in 1 hour?  Airport baby.  Got some Panda Express for lunch. HAHA!  Enjoy your weekend. I sure will cookin, and watching good soccer.  Play hard, and be good.  Or bad. Whichever you prefer.  Just wash your hands while you do.  xo


No comments: