Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chapter 17...

This little girl.  With those sweet chubby cheeks.  With my sisters eyes.  Those eyes she inherited from a Grandma she will never meet in this life.  My other girl.  Chapter 17.  Today.  I remember the all nighter we pulled on Halloween night, that phone call from my sister as I was tucking Kris away after his trick or treating adventure. The waiting. While my sister labored.  I stood by.  As her Mom. Instructing.  Guiding.  Worrying.  Wondering.  What is this baby?  Boy...Girl? Blonde? Brunette?  I knew after midnight we'd have a November baby.  I knew soon enough I would melt and fall in love to the moon.  Over her.  Tori.  She has my middle name.  She was a 7 pounder.  She was tall.  She had the longest fingers and toes.  I melted.  I cried. I had Kali in my tummy while I cuddled this newborn. Knowing these two girls would brave this Earth together.  I knew.  How lucky they are to have each other.  Seriously.  How lucky. 



Note: Look at her fingers.  HA!





I watch her grow.  I guide her when and where I can.  I love this girl more than she may know.  I do. I love watching her cycle of life.  She's a strong smart little cookie. She has the world in her hands.  She's got the tenacious ways to move mountains.  Today is HER day. Today we will celebrate this beauty.  She still has long fingers and long toes. And a smile to light up a room.  Happy Birthday my little princess.  You have the whole wide world in your hands...you sure do "punkin".  As your Daddy calls you.  Hello Chapter 17. 


No comments: