Monday, November 12, 2012

My two K's....

One went down hard, and soon we'd learn the second one would too.  Talk about suck.  We don't get sick much in our home.  We just don't.  And I never realized how much it does suck when they are.  The house just gets weird.  To me.  Both faces are bright red one moment, only to find them curled up in their beds with blankies swaddled around them next.  Little paper cups only used during this process. Because their mama is a strange fella.  Advil, cough drops, and hot tea being served like it's the new cool thing on a Sunday afternoon.  I did manage to make a homemade chicken pot pie, and pumpkin bread.  Those two things did get me through the day.  Oh, and hot chocolate with whipped cream sprinkled with cinnamon.  Yes, today I am back on a balanced diet.  Hello carrot juice and salad.  HA!


So while I roll around in my pity party, I did manage to look for a new kitchen table.  And this one right here grabbed me by the arm, and said..."Hey, look at me".  And boy did I look at him.  Now I am putting on my convincing hat to B, for some more natural wood.  We do need it.  It IS much better than fancy shiny ones.  This table has my name all over it.  And to serve my Thanksgiving Dinner on it?  yes please.   Last night while I kept my love for pinterest in it's highest love affair pattern, I did notice quite a bit of tributes to our veterans.   I was disappointed in myself for not posting, planning and honoring earlier.  For that, I am sorry.  Tables, fevers, advil, and germies, do not compare to my freedom.  My children's freedom and protection of this country.  The sacrifices made by many women and men.  All day, every day.  Night time too.

God Bless our Country.   Happy Monday little soldiers.  Keep fighting the germies will ya?  K. Thanks.  Guess who is taking who to the doc's today?  Bro takes sis.  #lifemoments.  P.S.  One more reminder to wash yo hands kids. P.S.  Nikki roo if you read this, I have been thinking about your family everyday.  I know your sis n law was your little slice of goodness up north.  May she finally get up and run around with all those beautiful dogs, and friends she's waited so long for...Hug eachother tighter Nik and Chad....


No comments: