Friday, November 30, 2012

I just need to smile.

My Dad has his surgery.  It went as well as expected.  My Mom was/is his nurse.  The one picture we received via text is a little bummer.  His head is bandaged and he looks a little weepy.  He is strong.   He will get through it.  I can only imagine he is happy it's over.  We all are. Now the healing begins.  We have rain.  And it rained all night.  And I didn't sleep very well.  And I worry.  Don't know the reason, might be the season.  Bam with the rhym skillz rapper Leese.  Maybe it's just the accumulation of things.  Today is Thursday while I blog, to land at your eyes on Friday.  So maybe Friday will be better.  AS a MATTER of fact, I know it will.  It WILL.

 

I scan through pictures in search of my blogging ones...and I stumble across some that take me back to lazy relaxing cozy days.  Like this.  On the dock.  By the water.  No schedule.  Just us.  Simple peace. And snap, just like that, summer is over.  Winter is upon us.  Rain will come. But these memories will make me smile.  Smile, Leese, smile. 


Especially when your new little cousin Kennedy is one week old. And super adorable.  Welcome to this fun wild life Kennedy.  Welcome little sweet sugar.  How I miss this age of cuddles and snuggles.  How I miss it....


And that one picture in Cabo that I will forever regret I didn't buy.  Shoulda coulda.  Someday I will go back.  Someday.  I might own this.  #cabohasbeautifulartgalleries. 


And surf shacks on the beach in Cabo.  All of these things make me smile.  And I am forever grateful I was able to share this with my eyes.  I am.  My friend Shelly lost her best friend yesterday.  Less than 1 week that C word came back with a vengeance and took her away from 2 daughters, one K age, and the other just in college, and an awesome hubs.  Not to mention the many friends and people she touched.  She is gone.  Just like that.  Gone.  When into the hospital on Sunday, gone on Wednesday.  So when I feel sorry for myself today, or tonight, or tomorrow, I must remind myself.  Things are always harder for someone else.  Life is good.  Live it people. Live it.  WE are not guaranteed tomorrow.  Drink good wine.  Eat good organic food. Smile often, and pray like no other.  Happy Friday Fellers. 


No comments: