Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gratitudes sprinkled with reflection.

First and foremost. Don't forget.....Especially as the holidays tap on your shoulders.  Stop.  Take a look around.  The word LOVE means more then anything you can stand in line for like clutter.  Spend too much on.  Or ponder the price.  Oh. And kindness.  (exception would be my 3 carat ring. B, you know where its at.  boom) Kidding.  Actually I am kidding. I'm not all about the big bling, but dangit, I sure see some pretty ones out there.  Double Boom.


Moving on to reflections of gratitude.  This brunch held for my Aunts Big Birthday.  Cousins.  Ritz Carlton Marina Del Rey. Has one bomb dot com brunch.  It's seven hundred dollars a plate, kidding,  but delish.  And a holla to Andy who treated us all....Thank you...good memories.  Especially with my almost red hair. wow.

 

The day we went to the movies with my Grandma.  My beautiful Grandma whom taught the touch of beauty. The idea to NEVER leave your house un-beautified.  She's just a beauty anyway...but wow what a tough rule that can sometimes be.  Maybe like me last night zipping into CVS to get K some Advil with.......drum rollllll........SLIPPERS.  boom. well, it was 9pm. so...? 


Reflecting on these two little girls that are now walking through Chapter seventeen, and sixteen and a half.  While I sit here on this dreary day checking folders for pictures to post, I land on these. They always make tears party in my eyes.  Well, maybe it's the beautiful Christmas music playing in the background.  Or, who knows why.  Who cares.  Look at this. Simple sweet precious moments.  #clockslowdown


Gratitude for this man, that I am still able to honor and represent his name, every single day.  It's just what I do.  It's just who he is. And a witty, fun, kind feller to say the least.  Loves the ocean, loves a good cocktail and a good time.  Will never back down for a good joke, or witty comments.  Gaylord, you are the rock.  You are. 

 

From allowing her to try dresses on in big girl stores as an adventure to this real thing starting to happen more than not.  Those sweet days where pretend makeup was silly.  Now, I'm broke thanks to MAC.  And shoes we buy while she wears them once. Ok, maybe twice. I think she looks fab in purple by the way.  Oh, and red.  Def red. 


I miss these fellers.  Our silly willy funny moments.  My honey badger face again. ugh.


And what about these chica's.  Oh the funny memories on the sand, grass, tucked away in Van's kitchen opening up bottles of wine, and chatting away, while sharing stories of life and our girls.  And S.O.C.C.E.R. 


Oh, don't forget he is a boat icon and hero too.  Just your friendly reminder.


And look who is welcoming their second sweet girl on Monday?  Count down to meet Kennedy....I'm sure Cameron will be the best of the best biggest sister.  Get ready, more life changing moments girl. None you can't handle. This is your second rodeo in the Mom Warrior Club. You can do this.  No biggy on sleepless nights, and diapers flowing through those rooms like it's the new hot thing.  You got this.  We have your back ...well  I can 60 miles away.  haha.


St. Regis Monarch Resort is by far the best hotel I've stayed in.  Remember I'm a snob.  This picture was pre-billsuperdrunk picture.  Remember him passed out on the beach in those fancy chairs? HAHAHA!


That I look like a donkey, and my dad will be ok during his upcoming surgery.  Toughest Man I know.  (well on the outside...lately, he's been a delicate feller...every right to be too)

Countdown for this view.  Warm fire, surrounded by friends,  family, and good wine.  Yes please.  Thanks.


Because during Fall and Winter, the sunsets speak a whole different language. They just do.


And so I leave with that photo roll out. Some old, some newer, some still amaze me.  I am prepping to gather today with family.  Our Thanksgiving Feast here, before we all part different ways for next week.  I hope you all had a nice Friday night.  I enjoyed a beautiful bbq'd pizza that B prepared just so perfect.  I tended to my K, with more meds, and a clean room.  We woke very early while she took her last behind the wheel for, well..."forever"....with the sweetest, kindhearted lady we've endured in a public service position.  I will let her know soon, (my cheesy cards and letters...ha)...May you all enjoy this cool weather.  I know this rain brings many different feelings for some.  Some love it.  Some become sad.  Some know those rain drops are tears from Heaven.  Nik and Chad, I hope your farewell to your sis went smooth as a funeral can offer. Never easy.  Speeches aren't easy. And with that alone I bow with complete respect.  That is hard stuff. I know how much she mean, especially to you.  Those moments you spent with her will forever be in your heart, and hers.  This morning while trying to blow dry my gorilla's in the mist frizz ball hair, this song came on my pandora.  IT will always make tears flow.  No matter where I am.  No matter.  Please take the time to play it.  Cry if you need to. Hard.  Enjoy it.  Life is fast.  Life is good. Especially when you have each other.  One of the strongest cutest couples I've met.   Go play BREATHE.....By Pearl Jam Eddie Vedder.   Boom. Do it.  Love you guys.   Spread kindness. Spread Love.  It's so good.  But germs arent' so wash your hands alot.  okay?  Promise?


No comments: