Monday, September 17, 2012

Why I love Sunshine. Soccer and well, city games.

I snuck out coughing to meet these chickie doodle birdies for Shelley's Birthday.  Nice way to say goodbye to the week, and chit chat, about what else?  Our girls. Colleges.  Boyfriends. Driving.  Sports.  oh. and life.  Good stuff there. Always.  Happy Birthday Shelley, you rockin doll you. 

 

Saturday morning Bill and I walked to the farmers market to eat whatever we could.  While I listened to his encouraging words, "hun are you gonna run to the jetty?" Get your work out?  Honestly it took every ounce of my being to walk across and do it.  I still have the silly cough, and the energy of a snail, but decided the ocean air would do me good, and so we went.  After realizing my latte never did quite kick in, and probably wouldn't....I jetted hobbled off.  Down the sand and beach I went.  Telling myself, "well if you can't run leese, just go back and do push ups".  HAHAHAHAHA.  Seriously HA!  I thought of this picture I've seen before on pinterest, and it makes. me. laugh. every single darn time.  HAHAHAHA.  

So this picture is an oldie.  just trying to give you and idea of how it looked. It actually looked 10 times better.  BRIGHT Warm Sunshine and HUGE waves.  Over a hundred surfers out.  Just amazing.  I snapped a shot and sent it to my parents, titled : Surfs Up! My Mom's response was a picture of my Dad in their beautiful garden, in full fall bloom.....she said "Blooming here too".  So cool.  

Within the next four hours, we'd be swept away from our sandy toes to Fountain Valley to play in 90 degree weather.  I spot one area at the tip of the field, and no, not in the spot where you should view the game of your daughter.  but we are rebels.  we couldn't help it.  Friends. Family. Kids. Ice chest. lobster blanket. EZ Ups and wine spritzers?  um ok.  sorry Beach Girls.  the shade wins. 

While they played. 

And a mommy and baby birdie sit with us....

And a tween joins us. 

And Dad's get wiped out from too much sitting in shade.  Tired lips from too many sunflower seeds.

Sun heat exhaustion?

Coach says they didn't play hard enough.   Chew out. 

Well, time to head home to bbq, watch the fight,  and sip some vino. 

And look the tween still stuck with us.  Ghost shrimp and pole in hand.  This is what happens. 

Kris surfed all weekend long.  Bucks was a lazy little feller yesterday morning...Grammie watched him while Kris surfed...

Bucket list:  Learn to surf

We soon prepped to head to Hollywood for another game.  Check in time 3:15pm.  Temps at 90 again.

And because I have a very prompt, and punctual girl, we arrived at 2!  Boom.  now what to do?

But drive around and people watch.  And what the place to do so.  yuck.

I spot Ross. I ask to run in real quick.  My request was shot down. 

Hmmm.  This must be an old school.  Look at their mascot.  Wow.  

We've traveled to many, many, many, ohhhh so many fields in our soccer days.  This one topped the cake for strange.  And dirty.  terrible field.  terrible bathrooms.   Just gross.  Kali was asked to guest play with older better girls.  And let me say, it was refreshing to watch her play.  She played well.  She played hard.  She had no other choice.  So, dirty, yucky place produced a good game, and more memories.  

This was just across the way in our view.  Old Hollywood.  Memories.  Just some more soccer memories.


Warm up.   

And so we left that field.  I packed her little ice chest full of goodies, that still include sliced apples, peanut butter and honey sandwich, apple juice, and string cheese.  We had a nice chat on the way out, and all the way up Sunset Blvd.  I think it's the area, the different spot.  The feeling of playing with good new different players.  That refreshing feeling...it's all things good.   And with Mama sitting at your side, life is good.  These days will not be here forever. 

I am so happy to know Fall Equinox is so so close.   I think I am really ready for cooler days.  I truly believe I am ready to retire my tank tops and summer clothes for now.  Just don't take away my flip flops.  Happy Monday lovers.  Hope this weekend was good to you.  Remember to smile this week.  Cook a new meal.  Share some good wine with those you love.  Light that favorite candle that makes your house feel happy too.  OR if you hubs is a fireman, hm em, Mary or Cindi....well, go get some new Fall Lotion.  Like stat.  


No comments: