Monday, September 3, 2012

We meet again.

A simple text from my Mama on Saturday morning.."check out our huge sunflower with a little friend".   Followed by, "what's your plan this weekend, river or beach?" 

Well, you see Mama, we had no plans.  Which were the best.  A big party Saturday night.."Happy 50th Peggy"!  And simple text messages to our friends for this gathering. 

Because it's friends like this, that join by the water.  Sail in sabats.  Like it's nobody's business.  She's. That. Darn. Good. Jodee sailboatie.  you simply rock. you just do.

And when the sweetest dude arrives to share more sunshine....well...life is just sweet. 

and our buddy Carmen arrives.  Champagne, beer and laughter.  typical goodness. 

Boy and Girl paddleboard around....

And your gurrrlfriend coordinates her beer with her shirt.  I mean, seriously, come on.  HA!

And peeps Ed fill yittle boats to try and splash all the other people on paddle boards.  rude. ha.

Like this girl that threw a dagger bad look, because yes, her hair was curled by the water side. duh.  

Cocktails, sunshine, matching shirts with beers, and laughter.  Simple fun. 

Especially with this smile. 

And these two little birdies.

Good-bye Summer 2012

Hello Hotayyyy. 

I was blessed with one. more. picture.  Before they left to another bbq gathering....sigh..

And when you compete for "who has the weirdest mouth in this picture"....I win.  (our first time cookin' in the kitchen...yes bacon grease was a' splatterin')

And they were waiting ever so patiently for some treats.  Mama and her baby girl. 

Mayyyybeee because they wanted some of this? 

Closer shot.  Yes, we dined on paper plates, yes, we LOVE salsa....Yes we had a super chill weekend.  When having no plans were the best plans. 

Reality.

It's starting to settle in again.  

Three day weekends are such a tease.  Kali brought up the word retirement this morning while we dined.

And let me just say, my mouth waters over just the word.  Some how I wonder what age I really will

be able to relax.  Completely.  Anyhoot, back to my weekend recap. It was exactly what we had in mind.

We have completely full schedules this week.  And with the ability to enjoy ocean water, vs. traveling from the lake with the possibility of traffic and knuckleheads, we stuck with ocean water.  I can't say I got in the h2O  this weekend, however my intentions were to.  But I did stick my feet in the water.  We had great conversations with Gianni and Kali...all weekend long.  We partied with longtime friends and danced to the best band ever.  Joe you rock.  We bbq'd with friends that have shared our love story for many many years.  The friends that can sit outside around the table and reminisce and laugh until way past my curfew. (cough) The moments we all secretly knew would be over and back to the work grind way before we knew or wanted it to.   I hope you all had a great weekend.  We had one birdie at the river.  They had a blast.  Apparently those hoodlums did a float with close to 50 people, tied together, drinking kool-aid, eh em, and partying like they are 23.  


I am prepared for the week.  I think.  I did my shopping.  Dinner for 2 days planned.  Lunches ready to throw together.  And reality ready to smack me in the cheeks.  Like seriously way. too. fast.


Well, it's time to hightail it outta here, so I can shower up, and lay my big ol' feet up high on my bed. 


Cheers to a good week ya crazy cats.


Come on Fall, bring it.  And your fancy candles, and cool mornings.  Bring it. 



Me.

No comments: