Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So I give you this.

Tonight will mark a gazillion and one back to school nights I have attended.  But that is ok.  Because meeting my sister for dinner before walking from room to room observing what teacher has the honor of teaching my little Chapter 16 girl makes for an interesting time.  It's always funny to me, especially as I've grown older, and a little wiser to see what each class room has to offer.  You see, when they are little, the room is splattered with all things colorful and lovely.  Young teachers, eager, and pumped. As they become teenagers, it's more pertinent information and even more direct teaching.  Well, most of the time.  And then you find that teacher that has been there for like 30 years and needs to retire, and stands there for the 4.5 minutes they are allowed to share their curricula with us, which soon starts to sound like blah, blah, blah.  But I attend, with smiles, hugs for my friends I see in passing.  Extra goodies for the teachers (extra kleenex's and hand sanitizers...) yes, I still bring a bag of goodies every year, and yes, Kali still rolls her eyes.  Only now she adds a smile. Because she knows.  They do need them.  Funny moment from last year?  I sat behind a lady that had a little spider crawling all over her back...down her side, down the desk and over to the next desk.  I sat there stunned, couldn't peep a word, but dying inside.  True stuff kids.  yuck.  

 

Shortly after..... I .... will  be swept away by my prince charming to a destination.  Just us.  So you will get little blog schmlog posts, scheduled ahead of time, because I love you enough.  Enjoy.  I certainly know I will.  Oh.  And guess what?  K and K get to handle life.  Chapter 16 and Chapter 23.  Breakfast, lunch, dinners, and that thing we call life.  Boom.   My job is/was to raise and teach them to do so without me right? Right.



Stay true little fellers.  


I certainly will.   With all fun things included.  


Cheers!  



No comments: