Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Love the days.

Because we really never know what tomorrow will be.

it could be happiness. 

Sometimes serious, and always true.

Sometimes silliness......and  no matter what, we have each other.  When the world seems fancy, I catch myself wondering, yet I remind myself.   I try to remind my daughter who becomes easily attached to the material of who has what, driving what, where, and how....She just does.  When you work hard to provide, yet receiving this unattached attitude at sixteen, from that same girl, it makes you wonder.   And recently we have endured many of these little conversations with her.  I refuse to allow this behavior.  I will hold my ground.  I will preach to her like there is no tomorrow.  And we only have today.  Because having little things, that mean bigger and more are what count.  No she won't get a new Range Rover like some of her friends.  No she won't be allowed a limitless credit card.  No she won't be allowed a shopping spree at Fashion Island.   No she won't be allowed brand new things that people should earn. (She did earn Ray Bans, Thank you Dad..over priced fellers)Yes she is on honor roll.  Yes she made Principal's honor roll.  Yes, she kicks butt at almost anything she touches. Yes, she practices 4 hours some days. 3 times a week.  She just does.  She should. It's life.  It's what we/I expect.  It should be no different.  It's part of the cycle of life. Because remember, we have her/their back.  Have for many many years.  She will move through school, and on through college, because this is life.  She will work hard for herself and her family because she's had to.  No she won't get a range rover at her next party.  She is lucky to have all she does.  She really is.  And I will hold my ground.  She has health.  Beauty, life and a home.  Small, cozy and full of love, but a nice good home(s).   Are any of you experiencing these talks with your kids yet? Are they too little? Have you crossed this bridge yet? Do you live in an area where big and fancy isn't so?  Or is our princess the only one?   Lord up above, please help me.  And watch over this beautiful girl during Chapter 16.  Oh, did I tell you I want a 3 Carat Diamond ring?   Oh, I did?  HAHAHA! B, I love you.  And I am kidding.  No I'm not.  Well, yes I am.  I am.  Seriously I am.  And VERY Thankful.  We all know that. And that is true stuff. Happy Tuesday lovies.  Play fair. And keep politics to yourselves.  Please? Thanks.





No comments: