Friday, September 28, 2012

That's it.



As I drove home from work today, I had this eluding feeling that would. not. go. away.  (and no it wasn't to try and sell those silver glasses...circa 2009)


We need to go see our parents. 

There really isn't a reason to hold us back.  They need us.  We need them.  We need hugs.  We need to give hugs.  We were a unit. If I need a quick bit of comfort? I look at this picture.  Our parents.  Married 45 years.  Partners.  Lovers. Parents.  I miss them. Without self pity, I miss them.

And I realize I need them more than ever.  I do not want to leave this Earth without further chapters being shared.  Although they never come to see us, I will plan, I will pray, I will hope these plans work out.  My sister stopped by tonight, and we went into great detail of all the "what if's"  that could easily turn into "shoulda's".  And so we I decided, that the planning must start.  I am tree hugger at times, yes, Bill, I know those ideas have been twisted a bit since you popped into the picture...haha.  But I miss sitting next to my Dad.  Listening to his amazing stories....hearing him play music like no other.   Enjoying our Mom's amazing food, and the sweet smell of her pancakes in the morning...with their "Real Maple Syrup".   I miss them.  More than words can type. I miss them.  I guess I can't keep pushing the "poor us" button on why they don't travel here.  I must make things happen.   Hope everyone is STOKED Friday is here.  As I type this and schedule it to land on Friday...I am beyond excited it is upon us.  I blow dried my hair in a gazillion and trillion degree weather, only to look in the mirror and now look like Mrs. Duggar.  Why o' Why can't fall crisp thin air hurry up and land in my hood.  I. Need. You.  This frizz hair shiz must go.  Have a great weekend fellers.  Be good.  Or be bad.  Just play fair.  Muah!  XO


No comments: