Monday, September 10, 2012

Sky above me..Earth below me...Fire within me.

And this is what we arrived to Sunday morning 7:00am.  Sunshine.  Warm skies. Sick girl.  Friendly team mates, and my buddies field side. Life is good.

We didn't speak much on the way.  Just the normal, give it what you got, if you can't breath, get over it..kidding.  If you can't breath, let coach know.   (I ran into him in the parking lot...and of course had to let him know this girl has a fever and way under the weather)

But she did just what her little heart told her to do.  She kicked ass.  She did get a yellow card.  Thata girl. kidding.  No I'm not. When you play ghetto teams, that sometimes happens.   AND BOOM  SHE SCORED THE GOAL OF THE GAME.  Tied 1-1.  Played Victorville tough nuts.  You did it Kali. 

But this is how she looked in the car.  In our house.  In her room.  All the live long day.  Cuddled in bed.  Studying, homework, and prepping outfits for another long week.  So proud of you little sugar.  Keep that tenacious blood flowing through your veins.  For those are the ways that will get you places little birdie. Keep that way.


No comments: